Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2008 2:41 PM by MnlyTechnlgy

new business

alliance1 Newbie
      I recently started a home improvement company . So far so good. I have been in the construction business for years and seen so many companys go under . I would like to hear from some established owners willing to share some tips on how they have kept there companys succesful and what seperates them from crash and burn businesses. I know I have what it take to be a successful business owner. Im hard working talented honest and experienced. another issue is do to some financial probs a while ago i am having problems getting credit from suppliers for bigger jobs and want to establish my credit what can i do to improve my credit the quickest way possible?? does any one know how i can maybe get a business loan or grants to invest expand my comp??
        • Re: new business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          New business, Welcome to this web site and good luck.
          You ask good questions. Do you have an Accountant??, A Lawyer??
          I am a Quickbooks Consultant in N Y.
          Do you have a Business Name, a Federal I D Number and a Business Checking Account??
          The best way to establish and improve your credit is to apply for credit cards at
          Staples, Dome Depot and other big supplies. Use the credit and pay off the balances TIMELY.

You say you are a honest hardworking new business owner. Are you paying your employees
          PAYROLL TAXES TIMELY.
          LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              alliance1 Newbie

Luckiest,
              Thank you for the advice it is greatly appreciated. Being a new buisness owner the advice sheds light on some things that can be over looked. As of right now I do not have a lawyer or an accountant or a lawyer , I am in the process of looking for a good lawyer at a reasonable price if theere is such a thing , aws for an accountant i will hold off until buisness starts moving a little more.
              My company name is Alliance Restoration & Roofing . My company is new but I have been in the buisness for 12yrs, foreman for a comercial roofing company for 5yrs and recently decided to go off on my own . I have two crews two trucks and have a 10 employees . I do have have a F. E. I. N # , buisness accounts, and have sent out apps for gas cards and im gonna take your advice on the other credit cards.

My bank has referred me to a payroll company that has been handling employee taxes . I am tryin gmy hardest to do every thing on the straight and narrow so i can take my buisness past ayear . i have seen a lot of friends crash and burn all bcause of trying to cheat there taxes.

thanks again for the advice and please send some more if you have the time ........
                  MnlyTechnlgy Adventurer
                  alliance1: Have you created a website for your business? I know you stated that you've been in business a long time, but some people are looking for that added credibility and viability that a website can sometime provide. Think of it as added signage on your internet door. The trick we've found (as a small business in a highly competitive field) is don't place all your eggs into one basket all at once. I know this is probably old news, but when (as a business owner) you begin to take your business to the "next level" often times we act on impulse with advertising and marketing and don't stop to look at the end result until it's time to renew ad contracts. It sounds like you've worked steady and hard to get the business where it is today. Keep doing what you're doing and don't be afraid to ask for help.

We provide website development for small businesses, I'd be glad to talk further if you're interested.