Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2008 3:13 PM by sbedge24

A favorite quote...#112

designer Tracker

This is pretty interesting-

"Have regular hours for work and play; make each day useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets and life will become a beautiful success" Louisa Mary Alcot, Author

I try to keep a nice variety in my life and schedule. I tend to go by the (work hard - play hard) rule. I figure if you kill yourself 7 days a weeks for several months, you're entilted to that fun vacation where you don't worry about the emails and calls coming in. The world is not going to end because you took a trip for yourself and family. I also try to have a nice mix in my day. I pry myself away from the computer and go wander around my backyard or find a corner and read a book. I find the time to get to the health club. I try to relax with a couple hourse of select television in the evening to keep informed and in the loop what is going on in the world with trends and entertainment. I try to socialize with friends and family. All work and no play just is not healthy. Any thoughts?
        • Re: A favorite quote...#112
          DomainDiva Ranger
          Louisa May Alcott never worked in the aviation maintenance industry.
            Iwrite Pioneer
            The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play

Zen Buddhist

Bluesuit Adventurer
              designer thanks for the quote. I remember reading that you should live your life as how you would like your obituary to read. Never have I regreted not working harder - I have however regreted not taking risks and not spending enough time with loved ones.
                sbedge24 Wayfarer
                Hi Designer,

I am a huge fan of motivational and inspirational quotes. Below is one from Christian Larsen that I thought you might enjoy. I have almost 20 years worth of quotes. Some of my favorites are from Helen Keller and her ability to overcome so much adversity in life. Enjoy!

Brian

Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet. Make all your friends feel there is something special in them. Look at the sunny side of everything. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Be as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give everyone a smile. Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others. Be too big for worry and too noble for anger. - Christian D. Larsen