Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2008 1:17 AM by Lighthouse24

Economy

divinebagels Newbie
      I need information about the national economic outlook. Also, the local economic outlook, The food industry outlook because I'm writing a business plan for a bagel store. If you could help me with this information, it'd be greatly appreciated.
        • Re: Economy
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Economy, Let me take out my crystal ball??
          How soon will you be opening??
          *My ball says contact your local SCORE office. They can help YOU with <br /<strong>information about the national economic outlook also, the local economic outlook
          Good luck with your 24 hour bakery and cafe.
          Full deli and bakery items on Long Island.
          *LUCKIEST*<br /.
            AppleGraphics Adventurer
            The national economic outlook is something that is currently under great debate. Some people think we are suffering stagflation, others thing we are entering a recession, and still others thing we are already in a recession and will be entering a depression shortly. As for the food industry I apologize but I do not have any insider knowledge into that industry.
              Lighthouse24 Ranger
              Welcome to the community. It's difficult to find definitive economic or industry forecast information because almost every expert who offers it in a public forum has his or her own sources and agendas. Even those of us in this community who don't have any reason to steer you one direction or another probably have very different perspectives of our economic future and trends within the food industry.

For a conservatively reliable viewpoint that would meet the purpose you have in mind, my advice would be to find out where similar shops, delis, and bakeries in your area do their banking (and if possible, get the name of the commercial bankers they work with) -- then make an appointment to visit with those bankers. I know that sounds like a bit of a chore, but the questions you are asking involve money and business, and how each might impact the other in you region in the future -- and it's really a commercial banker's job to know the answers to that.

Hope that helps. Best wishes.