Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2008 11:41 PM by AppleGraphics

April 1st,  April Fools Day

LUCKIEST Guide
      Beware, tomorrow is April 1st. (April Fools Day) is a notable day .
      The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication
      on friends, enemies and neighbors, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible.
      BE CAREFUL, LUCKIEST
        • Re: April 1st,  April Fools Day
          designer Tracker
          Last year, I played a very interesting April Fool's joke. I always send out at least one business Website email communication a month to clients and friends with noteworthy news about my jewelry. But, this time, I sent a very downsized and targeted email out declaring that I won several million dollars in the lottery. Within 10 minutes, I had friends and friends of friends calling and emailing me with "Congratulations"!!!. Some people really embarrased themselves. They had such excitement and energy in their voice and message. The funny thing was, I had not heard from some of these people in almost a year or longer and many had nothing to say before...not ever a Happy Birthday, Happy Holidays, Good Job! Hey, you're doing really good, etc. Funny how when money enters the picture everyone's your bestest friend in the world. I guess you can say I was being a little stinker - - -but I did it on purpose to get a rise out of certain people. The joke was a little bit on me, too because then I had to set the record straight afterwards but at the end of the day, most people thought it was a very clever joke. It just taught me a very serious and valuable lesson that when I win the lottery for real, to keep my mouth shut and hire a body guard! LOL!
          • Re: April 1st,  April Fools Day
            AppleGraphics Adventurer
            There were plenty of companies (at least online) which I noticed putting up there own little April Fools things today. my favorite had to be a BBC article about how scientist have discovered the some penguins can fly, and included pictures. I just loved the new spin on when pigs fly. What made it even better was if you went directly to the article the only piece that gave it away (besides it's absurdity) was a link at the bottom which said you could click for more April Fools Day articles. It's always good to have a sense of humor.