Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2008 9:26 AM by carson

In need of financing for Tea Room

TwoDads Newbie
      I am a 61 year old female, retired hotelier who moved from the Baltimore, MD area to Sneads Ferry, NC with the hopes of opening my own business (tea room).
      I think I have found the perfect location but now need financing to get things going. When I sold my house in Baltimore, I was hoping to realize enough cash to get things rolling but unfortunately the real estate market went sour.
      Any help that you can give me regarding how to optain financing would be greatly appreciated.
        • Re: In need of financing for Tea Room
          designer Tracker
          Hello! I think a "Tea Room" is very interesting and different. It sounds like it could be a very quaint and charming business. Is the area you are looking into a heavily trafficked area? Do you know if you would have a good number of potential customers that would stop by? I only ask because it is a very focused and distinct niche. You can target book clubs to come to your Tea Room and some ladies functions.

I know you are looking for money to make this happen. Is this something you want to do solo or go in with a partner or two? Have you asked family and good friends if they might like to do this with you? You might have someone that will back you and want to be a "silent partner"? I wish you very Good Luck! Let us know how you do!!!!!
              designer Tracker
              P.S. I forgot to mention, you can have the "Red Hat Society" ladies come to your Tea Room as well as have various designers come to have mini fashion shows...or a guy like me could come with my treasure chest of jewels...Ha ha. So, it seems like there can be many opportunites to have a Tea Room going - - -I really hope it can become a reality!!!!!
              LUCKIEST Guide
              Welcome to this web site. Sounds interesting. In need of financing for Tea Room
              Do you have a Business and Marketing Plan. It is one of the
              first items an investor or lender will want to see.
              Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE.
              LUCKIEST
                carson Newbie
                What are the possibilities of meeting in person and making out an agreement- reply my private email. doncarson7@gmail.com