Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2008 11:55 AM by Sweetness

A favorite quote...#107

designer Tracker
      Hello! This is one of my all-time favorites!!!!

Quote: "You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins".
      *+-Jim Stoval, Author/Speaker</<br />This is one of my favorites for a couple reasons. First, being part of the SBOC, we are all on a mission with goals and dreams and each trying to accomplish something. So, it's good to have expert advice, support and feedback from great people in the community that are all trying to do what you are doing!

Next, I think we all experience in our lives and in our businesses, disappointments and/or happiness from our interactions with customers. From a personal angle, I know I have some of the very best clients in the world that I know deep down in their hearts truly believe in me and want me to succeed so bad, but on the other end of the scale - - -I also am challenged with trying to impress a very "tough" crowd. It seems that no matter which celebrity ends up owning my jewelry, or which TV show my jewlery gets seen on, or which fashion magazine my jewelry graces the pages of....some people just don't care and that makes me sad. Some people know that I started from absolutely nothing and after only a few years accomplished a lot, but they aren't very good about expressing themself or telling someone a simple "great job".

I do think it is to everyone's benefit to support each other. The better one does, the more they can do for others and to better the world. We can help charities and fund-raisers, etc. So, I thought it was an excellent quote. What do you think?