Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2008 2:56 AM by intechspecial

SBOC Moderator/Team - STORIES Problem

Lighthouse24 Ranger

The Stories section seems to have a navigation/link problem. When I click the Stories tab and then click the "view all stories" link, only three (3) story previews per page are displayed, regardless of whether I select to view 6, 12 or 18 items per page. Because of this, there is no way to read the stories that aren't previewed (or to even know they exist).

Example: When 6 items per page is selected, only three story previews appear (the three most recently posted) instead of six items on Page 1 as expected. Page 2 also shows only three stories, but they are not the next three (i.e., numbers 4, 5, and 6 chronologically), but rather numbers 7, 8, and 9 are shown. Stories 4 through 6 are not previewed, and therefore not viewable in any way. The same thing happens on each page, so in all, half the stories that have been posted are not viewable. If 18 items per page is selected, only 12 of the more than 70+ stories posted can be found and viewed -- 60 or more stories that have been posted to date are "missing" and not viewable.

So . . . other members, can you check and see if you also get only three stories per page after clicking "view all stories"? If so, please add a note here to confirm.

Moderator or Team, I submitted a Help Desk report on this quite awhile back, but the problem still exists. (There's a story I want to refer someone to, but there's no way to view or get to it to provide a link.) Anything you can do to address it will be appreciated.

Thanks - Doug
        • Re: SBOC Moderator/Team - STORIES Problem
          Lighthouse24 Ranger
          Am I the only one "missing" stories (or just the only one who cares)? Thanks for checking out the problem described for yourself and commenting . . .
            CommunityTeam Adventurer
            Lighthouse24 - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I tried myself to select the view options and can only get 3 each time! The view more options is not functioning as it should. We try to make enhancements to the site to better serve our members and unfortunately it resulted in an error/bug to stories. We will try to get this fixed in our next round of enhancements. On a related note, we welcome any additional thoughts on how to improve "Stories." This feedback is helpful as it helps us build a better site for all of our users. Thank you for taking the time to submit the technical issue.

Thanks,
            CommunityTeam
              intechspecial Ranger
              I have noticed another problem as well. On a regular basis, when I use IE v7, the site does not render correctly. Usually the login form is on the right, but sometimes it ends up going on the left below everthing else.

Also, the site almost always says "clear space x" at the top left where the small business online community logo is.

This does not happen all of the time. When it does happen I switch to a mozilla browser and no more problems.

Finally I had a problem where I could not log in for over a month, then suddenly I could login.

The really strange thing is that this same exact problem happened on another non-relevant website.

I was using an ASP development server, once I removed this server, the problem went away.

I am a web designer, that knows html, but have hardly a clue when it comes to server side dynamic content. So I am not completely sure if the problem was on my end or the small business community in regards to the login issue.

The site rendering incorrectly I believe is not a local problem, and I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem with the "Clear Space X" problem.