Post a new topic
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2008 5:20 PM by gnrubin RSS

anyone interested in electronic medical record

nj_newbee Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Everyone.

This is my first post in this forum. I am coming from IT background and am interested in product development. Offlate, have been looking at EMR (Electronic Medical Record). I know there are already products related to EMR, but still some physicians(checked with them) feel that, currnet proudcts are not meeting the their requirements..( thinking there are some gaps). I don't have any business plan as such..it is in intial thoght process only. What do you guys think. I will be happy to talk to someone who has similar interests (even other product development idea)..
Thanks in Advance.
Nj_NewBee
  • Re: anyone interested in electronic medical record
    LUCKIEST Master
    Welcome to this web site, interested in electronic medical record
    An electronic medical record (EMR) is a medical record
    in digital format.In health informatics an EMR is considered by some to be one of several types of EHR (electronic health record)s,
    but in general usage EMR and EHR are synonymous

The term has sometimes included other (HIT, or Health Information
    Technology) systems which keep track of
    medical information, such as
    the practice management system which supports the electronic medical record.

If you are interested in developing a Business Plan, Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE
    Good luck, LUCKIEST
    Lighthouse24 Master

Welcome to the community. My firm implemented a couple of these systems in the late-90s (using another vendor's software with our business integration/implementation methodology). As far as EMR solutions, I figured that most large health care providers were "in" by this point. The holdouts, from my perspective, would be small offices -- and the main reason is legitimate enough: COST.

The challenge you face as a product developer in this arena is that the software purchase or license fee is only the tip of the iceberg -- the necessary equipment, personnel training, record conversion, and the development and institutionalization of new protocols and procedures is 90 to 95 percent of the implementation cost (buying the software is the cheap and easy part). The small office just doesn't have the time or staff to commit to all that -- yet if they don't commit to it, the solution will fail, very serious problems will arise, and it will be your fault (in their minds).

If I was going after that small office market today, I don't think I'd develop a new product. Instead, I'd find a good basic existing product with open source code from a software developer with a VAR program -- and I'd make the focus of my business customizing, integrating, and implementing that product for a specific niche clientele (a particular type of office or practice, so the enhancements made and lessons learned could be applied to each subsequent client, while generating residual income from previous clients).

I could be wrong, but that seems like a far more promising business model for an entrepreneur. Again, welcome to the group and best wishes!
    nj_newbee Newbie
    Hi Luckiest/Lighthouse24,

Thanks for your both replies. I do understand that, instead of developing right from the scrach, take the existing one and then modify. I will try from that side too. I wll come back with my further updates...
    gnrubin Newbie
    NJ_newbee,

Hello, I am very interested in EMR (Electronic Medical Records) and Practice Management Software. The market for small and medium sized practices to have the capability to register new patients, track billing and invoicing, conversion of existing records to Electronic documents and Electronic charting is huge.

Here is what I do:
    Our Services

· Lead Generation Programs
    · Direct Marketing Campaigns
    · Lead Management Programs
    · Inbound Call Response
    · Pay per Click Advertising Follow-up
    · Direct Mail Follow up
    · Website Information Request Follow-up
    · CRM Consulting
    · Custom Lists
    · Sales Outsourcing
    · Sales Recruiting and Staff Augmentation

I am looking to partner with a software company that is going after the small to medium size practices, due to the amount of practices out there and that only 12% have an existing, EMR or EHR system. This could be very benificial.

Sincerely,
    Greg Rubin
    Director of Business Development
    Amplius Innovation Group
    www.ampliusinnovationgroup.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points