Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2008 12:18 AM by audreyh

Need Money for start up

lbcandles Newbie
      Hi have started a home based business selling candles and have already got a lot of customers. I have individuals that want to have a candle party but I need some help getting a loan so that I can get the fast start pack for the parties. anybody have any ideas?
        • Re: Need Money for start up
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Hi Laura, and welcome to this web site.
          It is GREAT that you have started a home based business selling candles.
          What kind of help do you need in getting a loan?? How large a loan??
          Tell us more about you and your background??
          How long have you lived in New Hampshire??

Do you have a Business Name and have you registered with the IRS and
          obtained a Federal I D Number??
          Do you have a Business and Marketing Plan??

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              lbcandles Newbie
              I am not sure where to fo for one. I do not have business credit. My personal credit is not that great. The loan would not be more than 5,000 dollars. I do not have a federal tax I D. Do I need one? How do I get one and how much does it cost. I was thinking that I would use Laura's Candles as my business name. I am very new at this and could use some help to get started on the right foot.
                  TJMorehead Adventurer
                  Hello LBCandles,

It sounds like you should consider credit restoration before apply for a loan, considering the loan would have to be guaranteed by you personally. Business credit building is also something you can do independent of personal credit building or simultaneously. If funds are tight right now, I recommend starting with the personal credit and working your way up.

Send me an email at moreheadsconnections@gmail.com , lets pre-assess your credit it may not be as bad as you think. :)

Warm regards,
                  TJM
                    LUCKIEST Guide
                    Hi again. To get a Federal I D number go to " IRS.Gov " IT IS FREE
                    And YES you can use Laura's Candles as your business name.
                    Keep GOOD RECORDS of income and expenses.
                    LUCKIEST
                  Peter63 Wayfarer
                  Just a thought. At the risk of making it sound very simplistic (it's hard work and a bit of time, rather than heaps of cash), would you be able to write some information about candle making?, say a 40 or 50 page ebook, with illustrations. If so, you could, and then market it through a website (minimal running costs) for instance, this would help you get up and running. Google is awash with methods for IM, as you'll likely know anyway.
                    audreyh Wayfarer

Yes I can help you for very little, I will do all of the ground work and send you the infomation, it will be of little investment for so much infomation $10.00 if you are interested just email me and I will send you the infomation.
                    audreyh127@yahoo.com.