Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2008 6:42 AM by MYOB08

A favorite quote...101

designer Tracker

Hello. I like to keep inspirational quotes in a notebook and I thought I would share the following. It is one of my all-time favorites and I practise it when I conduct business.

If you like it and would like to see more, please let me know! Please share if you practise this quote.

"It is not your customer's job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsiblity to make sure they don't have the chance to forget you". Patricia Fripp, Speaker/Author

In my business, I always try to stay in touch with clients through holiday cards, emails and random conversations. I always look for opportunities to connect with congratulate them on having a baby, for reaching a certain milestone at work, etc.

• Re: A favorite quote...101
          Bluesuit Adventurer
          What a great quote. So often in this electronic age we often forget how important it is to take the time to stay in touch with business collegues as well as friends and family.
            print28 Adventurer
            Great, Great Quote, yes and we do get caught up in the forget mode alot, and I do, believe me!!! My Dad passed away 6 years ago Easter, and he always told me " Live each day to the fullest, because you never know what tommorrow might bring" he was a Baptist Pastor, and I miss him more everyday! You know, I have always wanted to write a book, about life in general, and the things and hardships that I have been through, and I married for the 2nd time to a wonderful man that I wish that I had meet many, many years ago, because he is just like my Father. We are wanting to get our business growing, so we can be together, and work hard together, but right now, it just does not seem possible, and I do not want to get down about it, I want to fight and win, and I am so glad that there are others like that everywhere around the world! Thank you for posting this quote, and I already have it down on paper in front of me, so I will not forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              babyjoy214 Adventurer
              Nice.. I think this one will also be helpful.. ;)

"It is possible that, in making other people
              wealthier, happier, and more secure, you
              will have more of your own needs satisfied.
              This is, in fact, an ideal result of any
              - Gerald I. Nierenberg
                LUCKIEST Guide
                Another favorite and inspirational quote.
                Ethical conduct is, and always has been, a defining characteristic of successful businesses—
                It helps you stay right with the law, and it helps you win in the marketplace.
                A consistent and visible commitment to strong ethics and high commercial standards breeds the
                trust necessary to gain and retain good business on favorable terms.

Iwrite Pioneer
                  My favorite applies to so much more than money or business, but I like to run my business by it:

“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and
                  shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For
                  with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you
                  -Luke 6:38

I'm in the relationship business. I need my clients to trust me, and to get that trust I have to give more of me - my knowledge, my skills, my experience and my expertise. This helps me to remember that I am working wiht people, not numbers or figures, living, caring human beings

I do not mean to offend anyone by going with a religious quote or preach. This is one of the pillars of how I conduct my business.
                      print28 Adventurer
                      I think everyone needs to operate on helping others, and live by the golden rule! Do you agree? I always put others before myself, I was always raised that way, and I will always be that way! Even when things and daily life struggles, you know that there are always others out there, that know what you are going through, and they are willing to help you in anyway that they can! I need motiviation, and I think everyone, from time to time, do need to be encouraged by one another! I am sorry if this offends anyone, but I need encouraging everyday, how about you?
                          FCPainter Adventurer
                          I always liked the quote "Don't overwhelm people, particularly customers, with too much information. Take the time to determine what they really need to know." from Harvey mackey. When we sell or service customers I find this to be true time and time again. Mostly it comes down to really listening to the questions you are being asked (or the answers they are giving), which ultimately means that to satisfy a customer, you have to get outside of yourself and your own cares and needs.
                        MYOB08 Adventurer
                        That is a great quote! If I have a conversation with someone and they drop any bit of personal info, I will record it in OUTLOOK ~ I even have the names of peoples cats in there! It is that extra centimetre that is remembered!