Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2008 5:49 PM by Lighthouse24

Data on the number of Foreign Businesses coming into the US.

Z0000E Newbie
      With the weak US dollar I continue to read about more and more foreign companies coming into the US. Are there any suggestions on where to find data on the number of companies that are coming into the US per quarter or year, the type of companies for example Tech, Healthcare, Retail, and where they are setting up shop(Mid Atlantic, New England, California, Mid West)? I can not find a good source for this data.

Any help would be great!

Thanks
        • Re: Data on the number of Foreign Businesses coming into the US.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Data on the number of Foreign Businesses coming into the US.
          Have you tried googing the question??.
          I did and there is a lot of info.
          Check it out.
          LUCKIEST
          • Re: Data on the number of Foreign Businesses coming into the US.
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

Federal government data on businesses (Census Bureau, Treasury Department, Department of Labor) is thorough and accurate, but about three years old -- plus it isn't always compiled to break out the specifics you need. State data is more current, but obviously time-consuming to obtain (and again, probably isn't compiled with any state-to-state consistency). I don't know of a good specific source for current data in raw form, but I would suggest checking with major universities and private foundations (like economic development groups) in a given region to see if any of them have already analyzed/studied whatever you are hypothesizing or examining. (I haven't found too many things that need researching that someone hasn't already gotten a grant or project or assignment to research.) Hope that helps a little. Best wishes.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful