Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2018 6:52 PM by moderator_lisa

ICYMI: Make Every Day “Get to Know Your Customers Day”

Moderator Rebecca Guide

As a small business owner, do you make it your priority to know your customers?   With the availability of 24x7 instant online purchases, in some cases same day delivery and possibly even cheaper prices, it's more important than ever to emphasize the value of face to face business with your customers. 

This is where “Get to Know Your Customers Day” comes in.  Steve Strauss, one of the world's leading experts on small business, has put together a great article tackling this very topic - Make Every Day “Get to Know Your Customers Day”   You'll find some excellent advice and ways to get started on, or improve, your emotional (and business) relationships with your customers to create a culture of customer loyalty,

Do you make the extra effort to "know your customers"?   We'd love to hear about the special touches and actions you use to make your customers happy and feeling appreciated!

Cheers,

-Rebecca

• Re: ICYMI: Make Every Day “Get to Know Your Customers Day”
          moderator_lisa Ranger

That was a great read! I was pleased to see that two of the primary things I make an effort to do made the list.

I really believe in the power of using someone's name. Being remembered for small details of your previous encounters can also go a long way toward making a customer feel known and valued. I'm also a firm believer in thank you notes. Hand-written, whenever possible. I think that little moment taken to think about the recipient while you're composing a note with pen and paper makes a connection that's next to impossible to replicate with a newsletter or an email.

I hope others will weigh in and share their experience with personalizing their business relationships.

--Lisa