Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 6:11 PM by Moderator Rebecca

Hello I am a bilingual French interpreter and actress.

cthomas123456 Newbie

I started in Pa/NYC in 2007 and came to nm via Ghost Ranch as a volunteer in 10/14. I am now in the rio rancho/abq area and looking for a good networking group. I used to attend one in Pa and found it helpful.

• Re: Hello I am a bilingual French interpreter and actress.
          moderator_lisa Pioneer

Hello, and welcome to the community, cthomas123456. We're glad you're here. Your business sounds very interesting, and I'm looking forward to learning more about you and the services you provide. Feel free to look around the forum and jump in to any discussion where you feel comfortable. Our members come from a variety of backgrounds and can provide insight on many different topics. If you haven't already done so, please be sure to review the Community Guidelines so you can be sure your posts won't be removed for violations.

We hope you'll enjoy posting with us.

--Lisa

• Re: Hello I am a bilingual French interpreter and actress.
            Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi cthomas,  welcome to our community!  As you've learned, networking can be a great way to meet other people with similar interests and start or grow a career and/or business.  If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you search for and join any groups in your area that you might find on Facebook, Instagram, etc.  Get to know the others in your new community who can help you find opportunities.

You might also check with the local community theater.  Although you might have to start at the ground floor, even doing manual labor such as working on sets, lighting, art  - it will get you familiar with the people in your community who have acting interests.  Your ability to speak fluent French may also provide you some great networking opportunities via volunteer work.  Social minded organizations in your community may need your skills.  Although, I realize that this won't pay the bills, it's a great opportunity to meet other people and build your resume.

I'm sure that our great community members will have some other suggestions for you.  I encourage you to look around our site, ask questions where you want to, and be sure to check back with us and let us know how things are going.

Cheers,

-Rebecca