Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2017 1:30 PM by kwporadioonline

I am wanting to lease out my salon space, but I'm not sure where to advertise?

abailey523 Newbie

I have a salon that has been very successful over the past 12 years. Last summer we decided to put the building up for sale and relocate to a new town. After the rollercoaster ride of trying to sell a commercial building, and finding that between realtor fees and capital gains taxes we would be loosing $130,000 right off the top, we decided the building was too good of an investment to let go. Now my problem is how to get the info out there to someone who might be looking for this type of space?

• Re: I am wanting to lease out my salon space, but I'm not sure where to advertise?
          Albert Sandar Scout

Hello abailey, You have two basic ways to go forward on this. 1. You hire professionals for every step of the process. 2. You do as much as you can and hire professionals to close the deal.

Using a commercial real estate firm might get your space leased faster so if you have debt or have to pay property tax and basic utilities with no income to cover it, then maybe the speed of a real estate agent is best.

Finding the small business to lease the space on your own may be inexpensive but take a long time to find. If you do market the space yourself I would suggest having a uniform easy to read opening pitch for the space, then post it on your profiles and in forums on all the social media sites we are familiar with. Also you can target franchises that are not in your town yet. Finally you can also inform people at the county business associations, and your state and municipal business committee.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: I am wanting to lease out my salon space, but I'm not sure where to advertise?
            kwporadioonline Wayfarer

You could advertise on local radio stations or TV stations or on someplace national. Also try the local newspaper.