Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2018 7:07 PM by nancy_vinci25

Feedback on Video

katknip Newbie

So we've been putting out some video content to help us gain traction. We've been experimenting with different types, both for the experience and just to try new things. Unfortunately it's not going quite as expected. I know the market is saturated right now with video, but I'd love any advice you can offer. I'd also appreciate any feedback on the videos themselves: www.playwithkatknip.com Thank you so much for any help in advance.

• Re: Feedback on Video
          moderator_lisa Ranger

Hello, katknip. Welcome to the community. I hope you'll take a look around, join in wherever you feel comfortable, and enjoy networking with other business owners around the country. Be sure to acquaint yourself with our Community Guidelines, and feel free to tell us more about yourself and your company in the Introduce Yourself forum.

When you say your foray into video isn't going quite as expected, what do you mean? I hope our members will take a look at your site and have some constructive feedback for you. It's clear you've put quite a bit of time and effort into building it. 

--Lisa

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              katknip Newbie

Thanks for the feedback. We're honestly just not getting the views, and I don't not how I feel about the content itself. Most of it is stuff that I enjoy talking about, and I definitely feel like I have a working knowledge of it, but I'm not sure how it comes across to the audience. I'd like to think that it feels organic, that it's informative and fun to watch, but I'm just not sure. So any feedback surrounding this would be helpful. Thank you.

moderator_ani Adventurer

Hi Katknip, your passion about your work is reflected in the manner you have created your website and in its contents! Getting eyeballs to the site is a problem many have grappled with and there is no one solution for it.

Social media can be a decent traffic driver, I noticed that you do not use twitter, is there a specific reason why its missing? Many feel that it can be used very effectively to communicate with your audience. ~Ani

katknip Newbie

Thank you for your feedback. No, I don't have a good reason why we don't use twitter, other than that I don't know I would have anything worth tweeting, and at the consistency needed. It's definitely something I should explore, and if you have any ideas about what I should be tweeting, I'm definitely open. Thanks again for your help, and I will definitely be thinking about tweeting.

moderator_lee Navigator

Hi katnip,

Perhaps you could tweet some examples of videos or other work you have completed for clients? This may be attention-grabbing for other potential customers looking for the services you offer.

-Lee

moderator_ani Adventurer

I would recommend that you have your company's presence on twitter as it is a great mode for real time customer service. Think of Twitter as a means to get instant public messages out to your customers or potential customers. It's not uncommon for companies to post promotions, sales, or specials on Twitter given that Twitter is receiving 8 million unique visitors per month and about 500 million messages are posted daily. ~Ani

bibi Adventurer

Hey, just saw this post now. The videos are on YouTube, right? Could this be helpful? There's some good stuff there about optimizing the video for YouTube, like keywords, metadata, file name, title, description and tags. Maybe you already know some of it, but seriously, I think these tips are vital if you want to get anywhere with your videos.

nancy_vinci25 Wayfarer

If you want to rank your videos online, there are a huge number of resources which you can find on the internet.

The easiest and most straightforward guide I've found is by Brian Dean.

Check out Alex Becker too.