Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 8:45 AM by moderator_lee

Hello from Florida.

moralshell Wayfarer

I have always had an entrepreneurial spirit, owning & running several businesses over the years. The trouble was, I always let doubt and negativity talk me out of the success I desired. And then I got trapped in Corporate America. I am now embracing my knowledge gained from education and experience, and I'm excited to be embarking on a home-based business that will allow me to balance life & work, while helping others see their dreams come true at the same time.

• Re: Hello from Florida.
          Moderator BethM Navigator

Hi moralshell,

Welcome to the Small Business Community!

It sounds like you may have a lot of advice and experience to offer!

What kind of businesses have you previously owned? What new venture are you currently exploring?

How do you think your previous experience will benefit you in your next business?

When you get a moment, please review our Community Guidelines

Looking forward to hearing more from you,

Beth

moralshell Wayfarer

Thanks for the welcome message Beth! To answer your questions:

What kind of businesses have you previously owned? I once owned a race car fabrication shop, then a health product sales line, then I was a housekeeper, then a bookkeeper. 

What new venture are you currently exploring?  I recently obtained my notary public commission and have embarked on a mobile notary service.

How do you think your previous experience will benefit you in your next business?  From both corporate jobs I've had over my career, I've learned the importance of communication, even when delivering bad news to the client. I've also learned that paperwork has to be attended to at minimum once a week or it will snowball out of hand. And most importantly, I now (for the first time in my career) have a positive circle of family & friends that will not try to steal my dreams or naysay my ideas, are supportive and encouraging.

I really look forward to learning from different small business owners, no matter what their field. Building a business is slow and takes time to gain respect from the community and networking is the most important thing that we can do to enable our success.

Shelley M.

Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi Shelley, as Beth said, we're glad to have you as part of our community!  Congratulations on starting your own business.  A mobile notary is a great idea.  As society becomes more and more fast-paced, it's important to have easily accessible services - such as notarizing a document - available in a timely fashion.  I have often found myself looking for notary services and either found that the person that was the notary was unavailable.  For time sensitive documents, your services could be very valuable.

If you haven't already you might check out our special section: Celebrating Women Entrepreneurs. You'll find a wide variety of expert articles with tips and advice, spotlights on successful women entrepreneurs, and other information I think you'll find useful.

We look forward to learning more about you and your business.  Feel free to browse our community, ask any questions that you have, as well as jump in with your own advice.

Best of luck to you in your new venture!

Cheers,

-Rebecca

moderator_lee Tracker

Nice to meet you, Shelley.

You have a wonderfully diverse history of experience with different businesses, as well as ambitions for the future. Looking forward to seeing how things progress for you, as well as hearing your input on other posts. We're here if you need help navigating the community.

-Lee