Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2017 7:53 AM by moderator_mel

Offline Marketing

jacobelbaum Wayfarer

Have any of you ever tried offline advertising? If so, what was your experience with it?

Thank you!

- Jacob

• Re: Offline Marketing
          susan hughes Wayfarer

Interesting question however, what exactly do you mean by offline marketing? Do you mean like the traditional way of selling stuff?

jacobelbaum Wayfarer

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your response. Good question.

I am referring to billboard ads, bench ads, street sign ads, restaurant ads, bar ads, any any other form of offline advertising which is physical real estate.

I am NOT referring to print advertising (newspapers, magazines, etc...) or Direct Mail Advertising.

Have you ever tried this before?

Thank you!

- Jacob

LUCKIEST Guide

Thanks for explaining off line advertising.

Many years ago (when I was first starting out) i supported a local baseball team.

The children had my company name and logo on their tee shirts and they had

the shirts on during the games and wore them all over town.

I guess that counted as off line advertising.

It was a good investment.

LUCKIEST

moderator_mel Tracker

Hi Jacob,

My husband is an Electrical Contractor and we still depend largely on "word of mouth". We're rather fortunate that his clients perpetuate his skills and business acumen. I understand this to be offline advertising and it's very cost effective. Great question, thanks for asking! ~Moderator Mel

jacobelbaum Wayfarer

Hi moderator_mel

First and foremost, I am happy to hear that most of his business is coming from word of mouth. He must be providing high quality service in order to continuously receive business that way. Impressive!

Based on common knowledge, I couldn't agree with you more. Many people believe that due to the high cost of offline advertising, it is not a relevant medium for marketing their local business. I am here to happily tell you that this isn't further from the truth.

In fact, just to give an example from my own personal experience - I recently created an offline advertising campaign using health club locker rooms. The campaign costed me a mere $200/mo. and I am being advertised in one of the busiest health clubs in Chicago. I don't know about you, but I think that sounds like a pretty good price especially for the potential return on the campaign!

I'd love to hear your opinion on that

Thank you!!!

moderator_mel Tracker

I think you scored big time, we were offered space on the back of a phone book at $4000.00 and had to politely decline. Another good idea, we purchased a spot on a few of our community's restaurant menus at a fair price. There are affordable offline advertisement opportunities everywhere. Just have to keep an eye out for them. ~Moderator Mel