Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 6:30 PM by Katrina Brown

Virtual assistant?

jones Newbie

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could help me out?

Recently I have been having several problems with my assistant right now, I guess that having her as full-time can get pretty boring sometimes. I am looking into some virtual assistants. I would like to know what people think about virtual assistants? I've heard some pretty great things about them and it's pretty much an hourly kind of thing. Has anyone ever used one?

Thanks guys!

• Re: Virtual assistant?
          Moderator Cath Guide

Have you considered hiring someone who would work remotely or maybe that is what you are thinking of?  If so, you would need a detailed, clear job description for this new employee.  I have worked remotely for many years and enjoy working this way.  This involves a level of trust on both parties.

Having meetings from time to time would be a must. I would think weekly at first and then see how things are going. It can work and can work well.  But both employee and employer must be truthful with one another.

Communication is one of the keys and can develop into something you can be pleased about.

Cath

• Re: Virtual assistant?
            Katrina Brown Adventurer

Considering a Virtual Assistant instead of a full time assistant to work in the office would be a good decision. Since VAs are independent contractors and not employees, clients are not responsible for any employee related taxes, insurance or benefits. Clients also avoid having to provide extra office space, equipment or supplies. A Virtual Assistant can be very affordable. You only pay for the hours a VA work for you plus when it comes to the cost of working with a VA, not all projects are billed by the hour. You will find that some VAs price per project or monthly retainer packages. The answer to your question Jones, "Has anyone ever used one?" I have not but I am a Virtual Assistant.