Post a new topic
    11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 6:16 PM by moderator_lisa

"LiNas" as a restaurant name, what comes to mind

linas Wayfarer

what comes to mind

thanks

• Re: "LiNas" as a restaurant name, what comes to mind
          LUCKIEST Guide

The first thing that comes to mind is Mexican Food.

There is a Lina's Mexican Restaurant chain in Omaha.

Hope this helps, LUCKIEST

moderator_lisa Pioneer

Hi, Linas, and welcome to the community. I have to admit nothing is immediately suggested by the name, but I'm intrigued. Please tell us a bit more about your restaurant endeavor so we can get to know you better. We have many members who can provide valuable insights on a variety of different topics that might interest you. You can post more about your business and yourself in our Introduce Yourself forum.

We're happy to have you here!

--Lisa

linas Wayfarer

As I mentioned above, LiNas, is formed by combining the first two letters of my son's first name,

that is Li, and the first three letters of my first name

I am in the early stages of developing a business plan for this restaurant. I am thinking of offering Mediterranean food, to mostly university students!!

Tow people so far thought LiNas has some kind of Mexican connotation to it!! I was surprised!!

If that is prevalent, then I might need to add "Mediterranean" to the name, or figure out a way to clearly convey the type of food we are offering

It si great feed back so far

Thanks

Gami

moderator_lisa Pioneer

Thanks for the explanation, Gami. I think it's a great name, and the meaning behind it makes it unique. Your logo, menu, decor, and internet presence can go a long way toward helping associate your name with the type of cuisine you intend to serve. Including photos in your menu and featuring dishes in social media can help attract people to your restaurant.

Good luck! I hope you'll come back to let us know how things are going as your business grows.

--Lisa

LUCKIEST Guide

Do you need help with your business plan??

linas Wayfarer

OH, I need help with a lot of things, lol

Environment, like colors, lights, signage, Developing a Menu, and how large should the menu be? 8 items? More? less? I don't know

This is a fast food like concept. Small venue, the size of subway and jimmy johns. Something like this in the heart of Mid-West America  https://youtu.be/gaKhmeDmn7c

What do you thing guys?

Environment, like colors, lights, signage

moderator_lisa Pioneer

Great questions! You're obviously thinking a lot about this and doing your research. Are there any other Mediterranean restaurants in the area, or any fast food restaurants that serve specialty cuisine? Maybe take a walk around the neighborhood, check out competitors, even if they're not in the same specialty, and find out how many items they offer. If you offer regular items that are easy to prepare and serve on demand, and then offer rotating specials, you can fill out a standard menu without having to prepare fussy things that few people order every day. This is where you can use your social media following to help boost your reach and find out which dishes are most appealing to the widest group of customers. You might consider having a tasting party and inviting merchants from neighboring businesses. This could be a great networking opportunity for you, while you explore your options. Also? You're gaining potential customers because those local business owners also want to have lunch.

I'd strongly suggest putting your ambitions down on paper in the form of a business plan. This can help you hone your intentions and focus your energy on the things you want to accomplish step by step. Just like making a grocery list helps guide us as we shop, a business plan can help settle your mind to focus on the direction you'd like your business to take. And, just like grocery lists, they can (and should!) be changed as your business grows. It's okay not to be able to see as far as a year into the future. Things change. Make your plan starting for a few months at first, and then reassess often. Have a team of people who can help you see all angles. A lawyer, an accountant, and an objective partner can all be very helpful with defining your goals.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful, and also that some of our members contribute their own ideas.

--Lisa

PS What kinds of things will we find on the menu at your restaurant? I'm suddenly hungry.

Moderator Cath Guide

Hi Gami,

I have no problem with the name you have chosen.  I would suggest that you add 'Mediterranean' to your restaurant's name.

We hear a lot about transparency these days.  I think that addition would allow people to know what type of food they will be served in your restaurant.

Cath