9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2017 9:16 AM by leather4u

Marketing Forum

leather4u Adventurer

I am planning to sell leather products on line which Include

1. Leather Jackets (Male /Female)

2. Leather Gloves

3. Leather Belts

4. Ladies Hand Bags etc

Q-1 As starter what free forum/websites I can use to advertise my website eg. Craigslist etc

Q-2 What Magazines I should use to advertise my product

Q-3 I already working on SEO, and social media, any other forums I can use to get traffic on my website

Thank You

• Re: Marketing Forum
          Albert Sandar Adventurer

Hello Leather, There are a lot of suggestions I have for you, but I'll keep it short. Google has free websites, but maybe it is best to also use sites that facilitate the transaction of the product more easily, like ebay or amazon.

I'm wondering if you have a supplier for the leather and if you have price points to sell the product. This information should be in your business plan, or maybe you made a smaller action plan at first since a business plan is a large body of work and is difficult to write.

Edit all the search engines you can find like you said you're doing, don't forget Dunn&Bradstreet, even if you don't have an EIN number you can still set up D&B basic info, this is important because other automated SEO's get their cues from D&B.

Magazines cost money to advertising in, maybe you can start with local news publications, like municipal and County circulars.

Get a logo, catch phrase and stamp that on all marketing sites and venues.

Target motorcycle and tatoo outlets, look for temporary markets to solicit at like a Sunday farmers market or street fair.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            leather4u Adventurer

Hi Albert,

Thanks for the reply

1.I have suppliers and  prices which I am getting jackets is competitive enough so Quality and Quantity should not be an issue

2.Logo has been designed and Branding is done

3.Website :- Already domain is bought and working on SEO

I am just wondering what Other ways I can market my website besides Social Media is there other means

You Mentioned Sunday Market...Leather Jacket will Cost more than 100 $ will it be possible to sell there

How I can Motorcycle and tattoo outlets are there any groups/magazines/forum where I can reach them

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Albert Sandar Adventurer

Since you have a logo, try to upload it to your profile of this Small Business Community, then we can all view it, also add a website or ebay link to this profile here on this community.

I just did a search of motorcycle events in 2017 in Charlotte, NC and found some things going on, that is traditionally a good state for the motorcycle culture.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                moderator_lisa Pioneer

Another avenue you might consider would be trade shows or conventions in conjunction with social media. You can set up a booth at most trade shows and display a selection of your products, and then use social media to help advertise your presence. Small incentives for those who participate by tweeting, posting on facebook, or sharing photos of the things they've bought from you can go a long way toward increasing your response rate.

If trade shows and conventions are out of your range, consider starting a blog to showcase fashionable ensembles that include your products. Maybe you could find an affiliate partner or two to help complete outfits, then in each post you could list links to the sites where those partners' products are sold. This sort of inter-connectivity with like-minded business owners might help all of you network your way to success.  Not to mention many business owners find success in marketing each others' businesses in their blogs' sidebars, bringing the potential for even more income and referral business for everyone.

Good luck! Be sure to check back in and let us know how everything's going.

--Lisa

leather4u Adventurer

Hi All

Thanks for All the suggestions

www.leathereal.com ( its under construction )

I have updated my logo on my profile , let me know your feed back regarding the logo

Albert Sandar Adventurer

Looks good, I'm following you now.

Moderator Rebecca Guide

You've received some great suggestions!  I hope you also consider things as art fairs, farmers markets and even flea markets.  Tis the season and those events are always packed!  I often see clothing at all of these events, so don't limit yourself & your possibilities by the event title.  Booth rental is usually minimal, and you may be surprised with the results!

We're all looking forward to hearing about your success, so please be sure to keep us updated!

Cheers,

-Rebecca

leather4u Adventurer

Any Idea /suggestions , leather products like leather Jackets will be sell able in June July???

Also How I can market in big cities like Chicago, NY, San-Francisco , Atlanta, Toronto, Miami ETC...