2 of 2 people found this helpful
Hello Leather, we have some answers for you.
1. North Carolina
(NC) state sales tax rate is currently 4.75%. Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high as 7.5%. County and local taxes in most areas bring the sales tax rate to 6.75% – 7% in most counties but some can be as high as 7.5%.
2. Buying things from overseas gets recorded on your tax form as such so make sure you keep good records.
3. Yes I have a suggestion, make a 'Business Plan' a lot of the information you seek and need to know will become evident as you write the plan.
4. Yes, you should research and decide on a business 'entity' type.
Wow, that was a good response Vilnius.
I am starting online retail business.
1.I will be working from NC state, so how I charge for the sales Taxes can you give me the break down for this( Should I charge Customer Sales Taxes)
2. Most of my suppliers will be overseas. All the bank payments will be through LC(Bank transfer) will it be tax exemptions to it
3. Any other guidelines anyone can provide will be appreciated
4.Do I have to register a company for online website(Business)