Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2008 4:32 PM by Peter63

Is anyone reading/living "The Secret"?

designer Tracker
      Hello. Oprah talked about "The Secret" on her show a few times. I finally went out and got the book and I thought it was a great, inspirational book. I got the DVD and I have to say it was 300% better. It was more animated and faster-paced than the book. After I saw the DVD, I mailed it to another person because they had just started the book, too but with work, kids and life she wasn't getting the chacne to read fast enough. I am curious how many people are following the belief's of "The Secret" and if anyone can share some things that happened to them. The book seems to be straight to the point....you either believe or you don't. I can say for me, the "Law of Attraction" is strong and seems to be working in my favor; especially when I embrace the available tools out here like: "Linked In" and the SBOC. Doors are opening left and right. With spring in the air, sales have picked up, unique opportunities are trickling in out of the blue when before I had to beg people to listen for a few minutes. I hope others are experiencing the "Law of Abundance" and would love to hear some other stories for support.
        • Re: Is anyone reading/living "The Secret"?
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

I glanced through The Secret awhile back when everyone was talking about it so much. The core message and key principles reminded me of those in an audio program I'd heard back in the eighties by Brian Tracy called The Universal Laws -- which at that time reminded people of the core message and key principles offered in the radio shows that Earl Nightingale broadcast back in the fifties -- which at that time reminded people of . . . (until you get to writings that date back 3,000 years or so).

In other words, I don't think The Secret contains any breakthrough concepts (in fact, that's the whole underlying "story" -- that it's an age old secret truth). What the book does is present proven concepts in a unique and compelling way -- which has allowed many, many new people to hear and practice those concepts. If it's truly benefiting the audience it reaches, it must be a pretty good thing, right?
            longshot270 Newbie
            Personally, I got about 15 minutes in to the DVD (a gift from a friend) before I had to turn it off. I found it to be ridiculous and entirely unhelpful, but I guess I'm just not the type of person who responds to that kind of inspiration. I believe in numbers and statistics, not "the power of positive thinking" and all other intangible "laws" discussed throughout The Secret.

I'm honestly glad it helped you, but personally I found it to be a waste of time. For instance, I could have been reading helpful, insightful article from the SBOC rather than watching stories of people making bicycles appear out of thin air by "believing it would happen". Umm... right.
              LUCKIEST Guide
              Glad you hear that it is working for you.
              as you said, " The book seems to be straight to the point....you either believe or you don't. I can say for me, the "Law of Attraction" is strong and seems to be working in my favor; especially when I embrace the available tools out here like: "Linked In" and the SBOC. Doors are opening left and right. With spring in the air, sales have picked up, unique opportunities are trickling in out of the blue when before I had to beg people to listen for a few minutes. I hope others are experiencing the "Law of Abundance" and would love to hear some other stories for support.
              Having not read the book, I tend to agree with Lighthouse
              LUCKIEST
                  Bemore Adventurer
                  I read "The Secret" last year. It reconfirmed or restated information I have been reading or hearing for years. I try very hard to keep my thinking positive and think about the things I want, but sometimes backslide because of the constant pressures of business and life. I find that I do surround myself with positive, encouraging people and really run away from complainers.

I believe very strongly in the "Law of Attraction". I find in my own business when I get in one of my funky moods and complain about customers who want it all for little or nothing, that is what starts coming through the door. But expecting to see that next big opportunity reveal itself, anticipating to meet that next prospect, expecting people to give me large sums of money for my services, and it happens. Sure other stuff happens, but I don't get focus on it. I really like to focus on what I want, not what I don't want. I even use this law when I attend networking events by having a clear vision of who I want to meet, visual meeting someone who can introduce me to that person or an individual who works for that company. It does not happen 100% of the time, but it works most of the time.

I know that our own beliefs about how I feel can make me sick or keep me healthy. I have convinced myself to remain healthy with everyone else around me was sick with something "going around".
                  Peter63 Wayfarer
                  Get yourself a copy of "The Master Key" by Charles Haanel, ISBN 0900604050. You'll need a lot of dedication, focus & staying power but read it, study it, adhere to it. You don't/won't need any other motivational books, period.