Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2016 8:08 AM by Moderator Cath

Advice needed

lmboone Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm a non profit organization who work with disconnected and disadvantaged youth between the ages of 13-24 years of age.  Many of our families are minorities including GLBT individuals.  These families have limited resources and the youth are drop outs with low grades, many suspensions.  Many of the youth have parents who are incarcerated and we are trying to keep families together.  Many of our youth are addicted to substances and families members as well.  About 95% of our clients don't have transportation to get a job, attend school or change their current conditions.  My husband and I use I personal vehicles to help these families but there are just too many at this time with the vehicles we have.  We need at 2 15 passenger vans to transport them to school, juvenile justice office, to court and GED and High diploma programs.  We have spent a lot of our own money because we have not received any grant monies at all.

We own a driver school but no one will train us on the Eastern Shore so we open fully. A portion of this money will be used to help with our non profit organization.  Every driving school on the Eastern Shore will not help because they are afraid of we will take their business.  If anyone know where I can get the training to open this school and continue to provided much needed services please let me know. I'm willing to pay to be trained or I will work for free for the Driving School.

I need 2 15 - passenger vans and training for driving school.  Please advise.

Dr. LaVerne Boone, President

Back on Track Management Systems, Inc.

• Re: Advice needed
          Moderator Cath Guide

Get to know your community and how they can be involved with your dream.  Often people step up to help when they know of a need so reach out to your community.  Offer to speak to community groups and share your dream with them and how it can benefit the community.

You say you have no grant money - have you applied?  If you have, why have you been told that your grant was refused?  If you haven't applied - do it today!

Most television stations have a part of their news devoted to their local community.  Ask to be featured on that and use that to introduce your services for all to see.  Share your wish list and ask for others to dream along with you.

Best wishes.

Cath