Thanks for sharing your career boosting advice, Luckiest! Here are a few more pointers that may get you noticed at work:
· Speak up for yourself! Don’t let your boss make assumptions about you that are not true. If you want to be on a certain project or have your eye on a promotion, make an extra effort to shine.
· Take pride in your appearance. Be someone who is neatly groomed and well dressed. Relay confidence with your posture and inspire trust with honesty.
· Accept critique gracefully. Avoid being combatant and offer your sincere thanks for redirection.
· Get educated. Take a course that strengthens your work skills.
· Attitude is everything! Do your best to be positive in all situations. Be a part of the solution, not the problem.
· Think outside the box. I agree, it’s an overused term, but bringing a fresh perspective may spark an idea that can save your company money or further your career.
· Be punctual. Meet your deadlines and show up to work on time.
· Don’t concern yourself with the habits of other co-workers. Focus on yourself and be the best you that you can be.
There are a million and one ways to progress in your professional time line. It takes work, but hey, it is after all, a job. ~Moderator Mel