Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 8:24 AM by moderator_mel

How do you keep your employees engaged?

moderator_mel Tracker

Have you tried “pulse surveys” to gain a better understanding of morale, problems or dips in productivity? Would employee surveys benefit your company? ~Moderator Mel

• Re: How do you keep your employees engaged?
          krystsina Wayfarer

Hi Mel,

that's a great question! I would like to find a way how to keep my employees engaged and motivated. At the moment we provide very good salaries for our region, so our employees started to feel too relaxed as they know we will pay them the same good amount of money no matter how they perform. That's why I would like to change this system, but don't know how. It would be great to get some advise. Thanks in advance!

moderator_lisa Pioneer

Hi Krystsina - How great that your business is doing well enough to pay an excellent salary! It might help us to know what type of environment your employees work in so we can brainstorm some ideas. How many employees do you have? Are they competitive to each other? Where is the performance falling off? Office tasks, sales, marketing?

--Lisa

krystsina Wayfarer

Hi Lisa,

thanks for your comment and sorry for taking so long to reply. Regarding your questions,

1) We have 6 employees at the moment. In 2 weeks we are planning to hire 2 more.

2) They are not competitive to each other. I suppose they think that there is no sense in the competition as they know we need to have people for their positions, and it is very difficult to find very professional workers in the region we run our business. That's why our employees feel that we won't fire them no matter how they perform.

3) The performance is failing off when it comes to sales first of all. Our employees know that they will still get good salary no matter how much they sell. We had a thought about making their salary lower and putting them on the percentage of each sale, but I think they will just leave.

It would be great to get some valuable ideas I could use to make my business better!

moderator_mel Tracker

Employee engagement is a melting pot of loyalty, job satisfaction and the desire to reach personal and organizational goals. Businesses with engaged employees can see greater revenue growth. Companies with employees who are not engaged in their roles lose productivity and suffer losses. As business owners we must strive to provide meaningful work and a positive work environment. As leaders, we should inspire trust and facilitate healthy relationships with employees. It is important to offer supportive management and growth opportunity. Bear in mind that the demographics of the workforce can vary greatly depending on the location of the business. Set a goal of alignment between individual and company performance. How do you, as small business owners, make your employees more vested in their roles? ~Moderator Mel