Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2016 6:33 PM by moderator_lisa

Using freebies to promote your business

moderator_lisa Pioneer

I was cleaning out a drawer the other day and I found quite a selection of small trinkets I've received as promotional items from various businesses in the past few months. Pens, key chains, bottle openers, ice scrapers, lens cleaning cloths, ... did I mention pens? SO many pens! I have to be honest, I didn't even look at the names of the companies on the items before I decided whether or not I was going to keep them. On the other hand, a friend received a free tire pressure gauge when he went to have a tire repaired and it has been with him ever since. Some things are more like a gift than a nuisance.

Do you use promotional items to promote your business? If you do, is there a product people actually appreciate receiving, or maybe even request? Do you tailor the items you give away to be on topic with your business, or do you accept random offers for bulk promotional items because they seem like a good idea at the time? I have actually ended up with a few good pens that way, but the logos have long since worn off.