Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2016 6:13 PM by Moderator Cath

Choosing a Business

moderator_lee Tracker

We have such a wonderful variety of expertise among our entrepreneurs here. Will you share your stories with us about how you got into your businesses? Was it a calculated decision, or something that found you? We'd love to hear about it.

Kind regards,

Lee

• Re: Choosing a Business
          freerl Adventurer

Choosing a business that suits you is not an easy job. There are a lot of business card CEOs in the world. First and foremost thing is you should have clarity about what you want and a strong business goal.

Scott Navigator

It was forced on me. I was passed up for many, many job opportunities because I was a white male. I finally did get a job but after a few months the company was required to have more "diversity" in the shop and since I was low man on the totem pole, I was let go.

Being an entrepreneur was always in my blood anyway, so all the heartache turned out to be worth it in the end. I can't think of anything I'd rather do in life, except be a baseball player, but that window of opportunity is long gone.

Moderator Cath Guide

Way to go, Scott!  Flexibility is definitely a plus in business.  When one meets an obstacle or dead end, turn on your inner flexibility and look out of the box.  Look for open doors.  And if you are unable to find open doors, then dig deep within yourself and create opportunities!

Others will read of your heartache and stop there.  But the ones who read on will be inspired by you!  Thank you for sharing - I'm sorry you lost that job but it appears that you are much better off now.

Cath