Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 6:30 PM by Moderator Rebecca

Advice on business purchase

curdog2u Newbie

How do I go about obtaining down-payment funds to purchase an owner carry business.  It has been in business for over 20 yrs. Have the last 5 yrs tax returns. This would probably require an out of the box approach, would a private sector be my best approach?

Thanks

• Re: Advice on business purchase
          Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi curdog2u, welcome to our community!  Have you put together a business plan yet?  If not, that's the first thing you'll need to do, and we have a great guide available that will be helpful in that process: Guide: How to develop a business plan. Once you've completed that, I'd highly recommend getting in touch with someone at the Small Business Association (sba.gov) or S.C.O.R.E. (score.org).  Both of these organizations have a lot of great info about grants and loans that you may not know about.

Let us know more about this owner-carry business that you are interested in purchasing.  I know that our helpful members will be glad to jump in with their experience.  Feel free to browse our discussions and articles as well, as I think you'll find them helpful

I look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Cheers,

-Rebecca

• Re: Advice on business purchase
            Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi curdog2u!  It's been a few weeks since you first asked your questions regarding your plans to purchase an owner carry business, and I wanted to see how it was going for you?  Have you had a chance to develop your business plan yet? 

We've got a great group of community members who would love to help you out with some advice if you could let us know how it is going!

Best of luck to you!

Cheers,

-Rebecca