Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 12:33 AM by vivekvr

Which state to incorporate a manager managed LLC

vivekvr Adventurer

Hi,

Sorry if this is a question that has already been answered. We are a manager managed LLC. The manager is based out of MA, and the investors (members of the LLC) are also based out MA. All the development is done by contractors and not employees. We are some time away from revenue, and even that will likely come from other states. The manager is not compensated in $ or equity.

My question is whether I can incorporate my LLC in Delaware and not register it as a foreign entity in MA? If yes, I will incorporate in Delaware. If not, I will incorporate in MA

Thanks!

• Re: Which state to incorporate a manager managed LLC
          LUCKIEST Guide

Welcome to the Community.

Tell us more about yourself and your business.

Without more info, the best answer is to talk to YOUR accountant.

Every business should have a lawyer, a accountant and a banker.

Good luck, LUCKIEST

• Re: Which state to incorporate a manager managed LLC
            vivekvr Adventurer

Hi LUCKIEST,

Thanks for the quick response. My bad, here is some more info on who we are:

The LLC is for a software analytics solution. The LLC won't have a physical location for business or an office since it will be sold online; the latter (office) might change once we grow to have more employees locally instead of remotely. The only employee of the company at this point is a manager who is part time  (he has a full time job elsewhere); he is based out of MA, but is not compensated monetarily. Also, given the nature of the business, it's not clear which state/country the customers might be in.

Thanks