Post a new topic
    16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 3:33 AM by shaw

Do you use Email marketing?

Moderator Berta Guide

If you use email marketing in your business, you need to check out Touchpoints' article at Email Marketing Best Practices   He offers great guidelines, suggestions and ideas for your email marketing campaign.

~Berta

• Re: Do you use Email marketing?
          Sameera Khan Navigator

Yes, email marketing do well especially when you are launching any new service or business. If you have a good email database with an interested audience in your business service then email marketing do well.

orbital config Tracker

That's funny I was just looking here for some things on email marketing

Yes I am trying it again, before I was less knowledgeable about it and other things (went wrong, lol). Sending them out yesterday for a test at 372 recipients, right now in about 24 hours, I have a 25% open ratio (13%). Not sure what that all means clearly, but in general I do. And have not had any replies telling me where to go, lol. so far that's progress. I stopped before because of the harm rather then the benefit, not knowing or what I was doing.

Yes Sameera Khan I think a worm market is so much better, rather then a cold market. (this market is Luke worm not really ice cold) I have been looking at this but it is so easy to end up in the trash. So the words that are use is so delicate.

But I know they need my service so there has to be a way.

Email marketing has worked for me in a worm market and past clients. 

I would like to hear someones story of the process and outcomes if they have tried it. And if it is really meant for driving traffic to your web site other then actually buying something/selling sort of speak, and of course capturing there information there. OR if someone had experimented with it.

Thanks

Michael

orbital config Tracker

Hello,

My results are in up till now.

I do have 78 people opened up the email, (bounce of 54) Some opened it up as many as 15 time, another guy was 10 but the rest opened 5 or below. There were no sales, so far!. Ya never know it could be in the future. For the hour it would take to do the hole campaign together if one sale it would be worth it.

Maybe we need to go old school on them

mirright Scout

It has stopped working for my business well. I refused from using email marketing so far

krystsina Wayfarer

Hi Berta,

thanks for opening this thread. I'm planning to start sending newsletters, so I would be happy to hear more opinions on the usage of that.

moderator_mel Tracker

Hi krystsina,

I was just wondering how your newsletter marketing was working, has it had an impact on your business? How did your customers respond?

I was researching the internet and came across several helpful tips for creating the perfect newsletter.

• If you’re already subscribing to a newsletter, use it for inspiration. Is the template appealing? What information leaps off the page and grabs your attention right away?
                      • Decide on the conversational tone of your newsletter. Focus on making all of your data cohesive.
                      • Balance your content so that each section compliments the next.
                      • Be creative with titles and subject lines.
                      • Your design should be fluid, rewarding your readers with concise and eye catching rhetoric.
                      • Prioritize your data.
                      • Be sure to stress the main point that you’re trying to get across to your subscribers.

I hope these suggestions will help you create a newsletter masterpiece that you can be proud of. ~Moderator Mel

krystsina Wayfarer

Hello Mel,

Thank you for sharing these tips with me, I believe they will be very helpful! I'm planning to launch my newsletters campaign next week, so I'm still working on preparation and don't have statistics as yet. But I will come back to you in some time with some impressive numbers

Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi krystsina!   Good luck on your upcoming newsletter campaign!   In addition to the tips you've already received, I wanted you to see this article by Steve Strauss E-Marketing 101.  In this article, Steve discusses some additional tips and options that you might find helpful to make your e-campaign a success. 

Please let us know how the launch goes!  We look forward to hearing back from you and your progress.

Cheers,

-Rebecca

moderator_mel Tracker

I can't wait, krystsina! I'm looking forward to your reply and good luck! ~Moderator Mel

sdbrownlie Wayfarer

Another way you can really improve your results is by segmenting your lists. Rather than just sending out one newsletter to 'everyone' you can break your list down depending on what they've been interested in before and send them more content that's likely to appeal to them.

I had a quick look at your profile and noticed you're in the accounting software niche, so no doubt you're covering quite a bit of stuff for your followers from general business advice, to specific stuff related to tax and accountancy, and maybe even tips about moving other things to the cloud.

You could use marketing automation (which some popular autoresponders are starting to add by default, and there is an open source/free to self host solution if you google for that) to automatically pick up which people are opening, clicking and reading more of your content in specific areas eg some followers may only love tax content and ignore the rest. You can please those people more by just sending them your 'tax' newsletter.

moderator_mel Tracker

Segmenting is great advice! Thanks for sharing, sdbrownlie. I think once you design a master template, it shouldn't be too hard to highlight specific portions to forward to your clients. With the data that web site and email analytics provide, you can identify exactly what your readers want to see more of in your newsletters. Love the ideas, please keep them coming! ~Moderator Mel

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                touch digital Wayfarer

Email marketing is a must have in your digital marketing strategy. It is a cost effective channel to acquire customers, drives sales and build relationships with existing clients. Email marketing is highly measurable, providing real time access to such metrics as opens, bounces, click and forwards. List segmentation is definitely the way to go. Organizing your overall subscriber list into specific audiences and delivering highly targeted content to each segment is a sure fire way to boost conversions. Employing segmentation with personalization, behavioral triggers, informative content and catchy subject lines all work together to drive customer engagement and sales.

Here are a few stats:

91% of U.S. adults like to receive promotional emails from companies they do business

For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $38 in ROI

4.24% of visitors from email marketing buy something

moderator_lisa Pioneer

Interesting perspective. Do you have suggestions as to how the owner of a small company who may just be in the early stages of developing their subscriber list might make sure they are setting themselves up for success in this effort? How does one determine which subscribers would be most interested in which information, and then how to make sure the subscribers actually receive just the information they're most interested in? Do you have examples?

Thank you for sharing your insights.

--Lisa

touch digital Wayfarer

There are various email tools which give you the ability to segment your list based on several parameters. An example of segmentation could be as simple as adding a zip code field to your opt-in form which would allow you to localize subject lines and target content by geolocation.  You can track how users interacted with your site (i.e. made a purchase, downloaded content, etc.) and send emails around these actions. These are just a few examples but with the wealth of information you can collect from your email subscribers, there are many ways to implement segmentation to drive engagement.

shaw Newbie

Email marketing is one of the traditional methods. It improved with nowadays technology. So it available with advanced features for sending campaigns to plenty of target audiences. This marketing is less investment and high ROI, I personally have some experiences with this marketing tool, my startup stages I'm wanted promotional activity for my business brand. So switched to the marketing tool, Apptivo. Through this tool, I exposed about my products to many audiences with low investment. One more crucial point to be follow before sending campaigns is don't forget Spam Law act.