Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2008 9:55 PM by Jaquetta

great idea for a new business need feed back / help

brownsugar56 Wayfarer

I HAVE THIS IDEA FOR A BUSINESS I WANT TO GET STARTED, BUT ONCE IT GET STARTED IT HAS TO START FAST, SO I NEED AS MANY INPUT AS POSSIABLE. THE BUSINESS IS A 24 HOUR HAIR PLACE ONE LIKE THE WALMART STORES ONLY WITH HAIR. THE FIRST THING, A PESON IS NEVER LATE FOR THIS APPOINTMENT, BECAUSE IT WILL BE ENOUGH STYLISH ON BOARD TO TAKE CARE EVERY. SO AFTER THE FIRST EYE CATCHER HERE IS ANOTHER POSTIVE YOU CAN BUY YOUR HAIR AT THE PLACE YOU ARE GETTING IT DONE AND THAT WAY THE EXPERTS WILL PUT YOU IN THE BEST. NEXT GET YOUR NAIL DONE WHILE YOU ARE UNDER THE DYER OR EVEN WAITNG FOR YOUR PLACE. NEXT THING IS ARE YOU NEEDING A OUTFIT FOR NOW OR LATER. ALL OF THIS IN ONE PLACE IT SHOULD ROCK. AS I GET FEED BACK I WILL TELL YOU MORE, BEFORE I FORGET IT WILL BE ALL NATIONALITY UNDER ONE SITTING. IT ALSO HAS TO BE HOLLYWOOD STYLE.
        • Re: great idea for a new business need feed back / help
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Great idea for a new business need feed back. Sounds good to me.
          Tell me more. Who are you?? and Where are you located??
          How soon and why all in CAPITALS??
          LUCKIEST
              brownsugar56 Wayfarer
              Thank you for a quick reponses, i am in the state of indiana, just a habit in capital letters easier to read.Just a quick over view of what the business would consist of. you will be able to get pamper at any time day or night, you will also be able to work out with a personal trainer, you will be able to wind down in a nice atmosphere before you go out on your journey, hopefully, l could have a small lounge to have simple food and drink for couple that don't want to go any where else to eat. It has a building here to start with, but it not huge. I would like to take aplace like this all over the world. the problem is investors. If i could start small and do it on my own, some one in the business world will take it and have a successful business. The smart thing about it i would get stylish from all over the world. Also all of the money would stay in the same place. Over a trillion people get there hair ,nail done a week for one reason are another.The same go for work outs the same for tanning, and facial. Thanks a lot. Who am i , i am just a small person with a huge business mind , i have been trying to start a few business for a long time .
              Lighthouse24 Ranger

As a "night person," I love 24-hour businesses -- less traffic, closer parking, faster service -- if it's possible to do it in the middle of the night, I probably do. I'd definitely get my hair cut at a shop like that (if I had hair). Many factors help make a night owl business profitable, but here are three key ones:

1) Night owl customers - some cities just don't have enough people who are out running around in the middle of the night to sustain small businesses other than a few restaurants. So it would be essential to conduct thorough market research to ensure that enough potential customers exist.

2) Night owl employees - some people love working graveyard shifts, but most don't. Not only might you have to pay more to attract these employees, but they generally have higher absentee rates, more health insurance claims, etc. (which can increase your overhead). Just as you need to do market research on customer potential, you need to investigate the availability of local labor to fill positions (especially the licensed positions you'd have).

3) Excellent Security - the risk of robbery, assault, and disruptive or annoying behavior are significantly higher after dark than in the daytime, and the risk escalates even higher still after midnight. More steps are required to protect your property, employees, and customers on the graveyard -- and the costs of these steps can eat away at profits. So an accurate cash flow projection that's broken down by shift would be a good idea.

Hope this helps. Best wishes.
                  brownsugar56 Wayfarer
                  Everything you said was very helpful, and since i am in a place that believe in night work, that has to be a plus for me. Security the number one priorty, weather you are in a safe envoriment or not, seeing a security person make people feel a little bit safer. I really went by the market for jobs as well as over head and cost to run such a business like this. This place is considered a money state, that means the pay is pretty high up here. when you go into a salon you have to have no less than 60 dollars just to wash and set. I feel like the insurance will be a still. Being in management my self most of the interviews i have had, was based on weather one of the parent work on days or nights. So for every one person that work on days there is one that will work on nights.And as far as the bigger cities, the risk is higher but the potentials are the same. But i have to keep the question and remarks you made in mind all thru the process. Thank you for your feed back. I have got 2 good replies and i love implementing them into my start up proposal because if you ask investors will ask
                  Jaquetta Newbie
                  Hello,

I wanted to ask how committed are you to this new business idea you have. I wanted to open up a dry cleaners but I did the comparison and found that a home based business was a much better way to go. I found Platinum One Destination in the Home Business Connection magazine and it changed my life and I saw returns immediatly. Check out my website to see if this opportunity is for you http://jaquetta.p1drevolution.com

-Jaquetta
                      brownsugar56 Wayfarer
                      Jaquetta, thank you for your reply, everyone has been so helpful. Now to your question i am very committed to this project, i think it would be a blast. I mention it to people and the reaction is amazing. I know this could work not just for where i live but all over the united states. I will check out your site tonight and i will give you some feed back, Thanks brownsugar56. By the way if you think about my business hard enough you might want to see about investing yourself.l
                          Jaquetta Newbie
                          Your Welcome BrownSugar56,

I think your business idea is very creative, please don't take it the wrong way. My aunt in South Carolina is opening up a hair salon in 2009 and I will be a silent investor. Me personally, I am not the type to run a brick and motor business. A physical business is not for me, I much rather a single person home business. My investment was minimal and I make $5000 weekly at the least. No employees, no lease/rent, no loans to pay. And I like to travel, so Platinum One Destionations was a win win for me.

-Jaquetta