Post a new topic
    11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 10:26 PM by Vilnius Industries

How important is branding in business?

Oluwabiyi Samson Adventurer

I have read series of ebooks on business branding and the notion is that branding is even important than sales. This website www.earnbase.com was also very useful for my business growth as it treats other areas of business apart from branding. So, I just want to know how important is branding?

• Re: How important is branding in business?
          healthinsurance Adventurer

Branding is one of the imp[important aspect for any business model. You can rely not much on organic keywords as it will go up and down, but brands keyword position are always the same one. In long term you will finds that branding keyword has always high contribution toward your traffic conversion.

Moderator Ilona Ranger

Hi Oluwabiyi Samson

I am no expert, but I would say 'Business Branding' is very important. Giving your business the right name/ logo and the right design or symbol is vital in making your business stand out from all the others. Catching the customers eye will draw them to your business and will give you the edge.

Ilona

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Vilnius Industries Tracker

I'm trying to expand my brand now.

crifjohnson Tracker

Hi Oluwabiyi Samson,

A brand for a company is an important part. Brand means building the trust of customers, employees and market review for your company such as product, services, advertising or others.

Crif Johnson

ablake48 Adventurer

Remember "consistency" is key to branding.  It should be the same across all marketing platforms whether online or off, ie. website, business cards, all social media platforms.

Roger Dillon Scout

Hi Oluwabiyi Samson

Branding of a business is the key to your business success. Its play an important role in the market. such as

1. A competitive advantage

2. Stable asset

3. Grown your economic value

4. create a market trust

5. New customers

Roger Dillon

michaelxh Tracker

For many small businesses, branding is overrated. I would emphasize professionalism instead: are you reliable and helpful, do you consistently follow up with clients, do you carry yourself well? None of these are branding issues, they're matters of professionalism and customer service. Do you want a clean logo and an attractive website? Sure. Do you need them to remember your logo or how good your website looked? No, not as long as they did business with you.

As far as your marketing is concerned, you want customers to know who you are, what you do, how you can help them or their business. Show off your knowledge and expertise and make a strong impression as a friendly, helpful person.    

Moderator Ilona Ranger

Great points, Michael. You might be right when it comes to small businesses. Professionalism and customer service are important. I for one will be more likely to revisit a small business where I was treated with respect and where the customer service is a top priority. When it comes to big business I still expect good customer service but it is a lot more impersonal and I still believe branding is of major importance to them.

Ilona

Vilnius Industries Tracker

Since there has been so much interest in this topic I reread this thread and still feel there is more to be said, let's be clear, a brand or branding is something specific, this is what a web search produces about branding

' Branding is a marketing strategy that involves creating a differentiated name and image -- often using a logo and/or tag line

All the other language used in this thread is indeed good business practices it is not all branding, let me give some examples of business activities that are Not branding, but could hurt your brand by not doing them correctly.

• Grammar: When you spell words correctly that's not building your brand, but if you spell incorrectly often it could damage your credibility (brand)
                          • Politeness: When you act in a nice fashion towards others that's not building your brand, you're supposed to be nice to people anyway, but if you are rude to people is will surely hurt your reputation (brand)
                          • Timeliness: When you call someone back on time you're not building your brand, but if you don't call people on time it will make them mad and that's bad for your business (brand)

Here is an example of 'branding'

• My Grandfather came to New Jersey from Lithuania, I live in NJ, I come from a family of small business owners, my business name is Vilnius, my logo is a picture of the Financial Center in the City of Vilnius.

So you see my last name, company name and logo all match, that's branding, as per definition.

Branding is only a small portion of the business as a whole, once you decide on a brand name and logo, then it's all marketing and execution and professionalism on an on-going basis. The branding is usually something done at the beginning of a business, then you grow and manage the brand.

Of course you could always re-brand if things are not going well, a brand is like a theme, some themes catch with the public, some themes don't, it's kind of a gamble in that aspect.