Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2008 12:27 PM by klockdc

Password Management Tip

klockdc Newbie
      Just thought I'd pass along a great tip for business owners and anyone who uses a computer. It helps manage all the passwords that you have for websites and accounts. And, it's very secure! I use it on my desktop and laptop. Whenever I go to a website that I have an account on, it will enter my login and passwords for me if I want it to.

It's been highly rated by PC Magazine, CNET, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
      Best of all, it's FREE. (I use the PRO version because it has more features and it only cost like $20 bucks or so.)

Roboform -

Anyway, hope this is a helpful tip. It was also highlighted on the DC Tech Support Channel -

I absolutely love this piece of software. It's one of those must-haves that everyone should have, just like a Tivo. =)
        • Re: Password Management Tip
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Welcome to this web site. GREAT TIP.
          This web site loves FREE.
          It's one of those must-haves that everyone should have
          Technology for Business Made Simple...Good slogan
          Thanks, LUCKIEST
            jayman8117 Wayfarer
            Wow, great tip!!!
            with all the passwords I have to keep track of, I was going to buy a PDA, but what if that got stolen? Also, love the form filler, Google's Autofill only does my personal information, but I have to register to so many business sites, I never remember them all.

I think I am going to proceed and subscribe to the Pro, because password management is a problem for me. but........
            what if they get hacked, now some 17 yr old punk will have access to my banks and investment sites. It's hard to trust anything against hacking.

What do you think?

ezprint Wayfarer
              the best 'password management', is done 'in-house' by the company who relies on those passwords and the integrity of their customers.
                intechspecial Ranger
                Thanks for the information, although I would not utilize this type of application on any public computer, as the information from roboform will be stored on the local hard drive.

For personal or private use, I am sure that their is a need.

Also, Google offers this same type of tool as does any windows based pc.
                    DomainDiva Ranger
                    So question is: How much data mining goes on? I used Roboform for awhile and it just became a total nuisance.
                        klockdc Newbie

There is no data mining that goes on with Roboform. It is a standalone application that resides solely on your PC and does not connect to any remote server to send back any data.

To answer the other concern about placing roboform on public PC's. Yes, do not place your main roboform app on PC's that you use at public places (ie Libraries or airports, etc). I use Roboform2Go when I travel. It's the portable version of Roboform which I place on a USB stick. Very secure and does not leave any traces of your roboform data on any public PC that you use it on.