Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2016 11:49 AM by r.s.

Small business in Michigan

r.s. Adventurer

I started in business for myself over 40 years ago.   At a SBA small business workshop they related the fact that 9 out of 10 businesses fail with in a few years.   Keeping this in mind and knowing I could not allow or afford failure, I decided to only offer "niche" products or services and it worked as I have gotten mostly positive response to my business ideas/products since.   Am always innovating/inventing "niche" ideas!   Only problem now is the main product I sell (thru my website) is in such demand, I cannot keep up with the demand - I desperately need to expand operations to meet the demand and further market more innovative products which can provide local JOBS!   Yet I have tried for years now to get such help with zero results!   Looking for an angel investor or partnership with another/other entrepreneur/s (individual or firm).    I think my business is an example of the saying "If you build it, they will come" or as I say "If you really want something to happen in business, you need to MAKE it happen!"

• Re: Small business in Michigan
          Moderator Berta Guide

Welcome to the community, r.s..

Congratulations on 40 years in business. And thank you for telling us a little bit about your business.

Please feel free to peruse our discussion boards and articles. Comment where you feel comfortable and ask questions so we can help.

Also, please be sure to be aware of  Community Guidelines

Kevin Leonard Adventurer

My wife and I own a PR marketing firm for businesses, let me know more about your business

warrenf75 Adventurer

Welcome to the community. I assist owners in improving their respective businesses. You can contact me directly anytime. I had some difficulty in attempting to contact you directly and discreetly without violating community rules. Upon contacting me through my profile information I am sure I can assist you in your endeavors. Have a great day and thank you bringing your distinctive voice here and enriching American small business!

r.s. Adventurer

I believe I've changed it now so I can be reached by email.  

Let me also add here, I need to add 2 key employees a.s.a.p.: 

1 - someone experienced and knowledgeable in computers and online marketing and

2 - someone capable of learning making my product - requires excellent math & geometric skills and good at making things to quality standards.

3 - possible subcontract work to someone with a good wood shop setup.