Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 6:24 PM by Moderator Rebecca

Starting on Facebook

car enthusiast Adventurer

HelIo! First time user/post !

I started a group on Facebook last year for car enthusiasts in Florida. Since last February we've grown to almost 1200 members, most of which are active. It's used both as a go-to for members to find meets/events across the state/country and also as a car related social media page. We also host our own meets and shows with vendors, raffles etc and raise money for good causes. Looking to turn this into a source of income. Any ideas?

• Re: Starting on Facebook
          Moderator Cath Guide

Welcome car enthusiast!

Wow, you all have come far in a year, haven't you?  We are happy that you found us and jumped right in with a question.  The members in our community hold a vast store of resources and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you began getting some comments and suggestions from them soon.

We also hope you will feel free to add your thoughts and comments to any of our discussions. 

Won't  you take a few minutes and go to Introduce Yourself to the Community! and  tell us a bit about yourself and your group?

Cath

• Re: Starting on Facebook
            Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi Lindsey!  From your introduction Introducing from Florida! in It sounds like you have a thriving Facebook group full of car enthusiasts, and are generating quite a bit of activity.  You do mention that it's private, and that will definitely limit your exposure and potential using Facebook marketing tools.  Do you have a corresponding website?  If so we'd love to see it! 

You might also be interested in this great article by one of our business experts, Steve Strauss. In it he discusses the benefits of Facebook as well as some of the benefits to other social media platforms.  You can learn more at Which social media platform is best for your business?

I hope you enjoy this community as much as all of our contributors and members do.  I think you'll find plenty of great advice and experience to draw upon.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Cheers,

-Rebecca