Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 6:39 PM by Moderator Rebecca

What's the best way to get health insurance as a DBA?

mimdrach3 Adventurer

im looking for suggestions on what's the most effective way to get reasonably priced health insurance. My husband and I have a DBA in Massachusetts. Thank you.

• Re: What's the best way to get health insurance as a DBA?
          Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi mimdrach3, welcome to our community!  You've asked a timely question regarding the options available for small business owners, and DBA's such as you and your husband.  In order to point you in the right direction, the most important question I have is, how many employees do you have?  Is your DBA comprised of only you and your husband?  The requirements (and options) for small business differ greatly on the amount of employees.

I'd also recommend that you visit the government small business website, as it has some great information on the options available for every situation from self employed to larger small businesses.  Be sure to start with this article first, if you haven't already;  Health Care | The U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA.gov

Once we have a bit more information, I'm sure that our helpful members will be able to provide some additional guidance that will help you with your health care questions.

We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

-Rebecca