Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2008 1:58 PM by tqcouch

Need startup loan/working capital of 70K for Tennis shop

TennisMan Newbie
      Need help on receiving loan for tennis shop. I have an excellent business plan with 3yrs of future financial projections. Been a tennis player for 7yrs, captain of a tennis team, member of a tennis club and play in tournaments throughout the year. I have a passion for the game of tennis and a motivational drive out of this world.

I've noticed a need in the Houston area for a one-stop retail store for tennis products and services. I've been reseaching this plan for several years now. Currently I'm a teacher of 5yrs now and ready to make that move of being a successful entreprenuer. I've been to several seminars on starting a business and have experience in retail as well as the tennis industry. Have a BBA in information systems.

I've purchased assests over time as well as saved money. Have an investment of 10K; most of family and friends invested in my business as well. My credit is not bad but not great either; with past credit issues; none current. I've been with a credit repair company for one year. I also got a part time job, 2months now, to make sure my personal finances are covered when I go into business.

I have a DBA as well as TAX ID. Retail space has been picked out but haven't signed a lease. Have not applied for a loan yet; don't want my credit to pulled often.

My determination and motivation has kept me going but now I need the capital to get started on this journey. Any advice on where I can apply for a loan.

Thanks for your help!