Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2015 8:16 AM by Moderator Cath

Hi, I'm new and I own a small online boutique!

emmielynnebou Adventurer

I Opened a small online women's and childrens boutique featuring daily deals and discounted boutique style fashion.

I have been open for only a couple of months and have had very little traffic and no sales.

I use FB for advertising as well as Pinterest, Google AdWords & AdGroups, and Instagram. Google has been costing a lot and I don't think has been targeting well. I used the meta feature on big commerce to try to optimize for search engines, but I am not sure it is working.

I Would love some help or some insight! Thanks

www.EmmieLynneBoutique.com

• Re: Hi, I'm new and I own a small online boutique!
          bullwaybarri Adventurer

try ebay that way you will know if people are interested in your product and you can also count people actually viewing the product and questions from them. Otherwise major strategies!!

Moderator Ilona Ranger

Hi emmielynnebou

Welcome to the forum. Have you thought about a banner or magnetic sticker with the URL to your site for your vehicle, Flyers, business cards and/or coupons might also entice people to go to your site. Please keep us up to date on how things are going for you, I am sure you will find some good advice here from our other posters, and I would like to wish you the best in your endeavors.

Ilona

emmielynnebou Adventurer

Hi, thanks for the advice. A banner would be useful if I ever drove anywhere, but I rarely do

I do have business cards and I cross promote with what I sell on eBay (not items from my store) and on Etsy where I sell handmade goods. I also offer discounts for those who buy from each outlet.

So far, still no sales! I will keep it up of course because I’m not interested in giving up, but it’s hard continuing to sink money in advertising when I am not seeing any return from it so far.

chinadave Scout

You might try writing a blog on your products with a link to your web site.  I agree that Google has out priced the market for small companies.  I started with them years ago when it was cheap.  Now beyond my budget.  I spend little on advertising anymore and depend on former customers recommending me.  Attend trade shows and leave your cards everywhere.  I constantly submit my web site to Search Engines and do get on some search engines and directories with no cost.  Wish you luck. 

preshboutique Adventurer

Help! I'm currently in this exact position. I just opened my own online boutique www.preshboutique.com and I am looking for the same advice that you we're looking for. I checked out your site and it looks like your doing well now. Was there something you did to pick up business? Any advice would be helpful. I'm sure you know what it feels like to be in my position just starting out. Thanks.

Moderator Cath Guide

Hi and welcome preshboutique.  Sometimes, after all our work to get our business up and running, we find that we are not having much activity.  It can be frustrating, but with a good business plan, just keep on moving forward and let the world find you.  Make sure your media activity is current and changing from time to time. Another suggestion that might help: ask a few of your friends to write in some feedback on your site and business.  I think many of us are a bit timid to order from a new site or from one that seems to have little activity.  If positive feedback is posted, that seems to give it some additional support.

Best wishes in your new adventure!

Cath