Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2014 1:57 PM by Moderator Berta

Too much idle time.

arthur 59 Adventurer

I've been running my business for 10 years I started out doing everything myself, My wife would help with making sure all of my paper work ( license,insurance,worker comp etc...) were up to date. I hired office help, she answers the phone,make appointments  and does filing. After that she's on her cell phone,face book, google and watching youtub video. She's in the office from 9:00 to 4: 00 Mon-Fri. What else should she be doing?

• Re: Too much idle time.
          Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Arthur. Thank you for your questions.

Have you looked at your competitors to see what they are doing? You could have her work on a competitor review. See what they are doing that works or doesn't work.

For your employee, you could have her take some training classes to improve her skills. Lynda.com has a great selection of courses are quite affordable

Do you do any type of marketing from the office? Calling potential customers or sending out faxes to potential customers is a way to get your name out there and to keep your office girl busy. She could even mail out flyers or post cards for the business if you have the budget to do so.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

~Berta