Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 3:34 AM by jaynorth

10 Great Tools Every Business Owner Needs

robwormley Wayfarer

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 11.31.17 AM.png

As a small business owner, you've got a lot of responsibilities on your plate each and every day. At times, your job can probably feel a bit overwhelming. If you're looking for ways streamline the way you do things at your business, consider looking into using one or all of the ten apps I list below. They can help you hire better people, boost productivity, save time on back office tasks, increase sales, and more. 

1. Snagajob for Hiring

Snagajob focuses specifically on helping hourly workers find the best jobs out there. Their system makes it easy for employees and employers to connect.

2. Bamboo for HR

Bamboo eliminates a small business owner’s dependency on ugly, time-consuming spreadsheets, and instead gives them an online solution that acts as their centralized employee database.

3. Buffer For Social Media Management

Buffer takes social media management to the next level for small business owners. It offers custom scheduling, useful analytics, and convenient mobile apps.

4. Xero For Accounting

Xero is a super simple and convenient way for small businesses to take care of accounting. Their clean and user-friendly interface gives business owners the ability to easily log in and work from any Mac, PC, tablet or phone.

5. When I Work for Employee Scheduling & Attendance

When I Work simplifies employee scheduling and communication by using an innovative blend of collaborative communication technologies, including the web, mobile apps, text messaging, social media, and email. When I Work’s incredibly simple interface and intelligent communication platform saves time and money while reducing absenteeism and improving employee accountability.

6. TinyPulse For Employee Engagement & Happiness

TINYpulse allows small business owners to easily gather anonymous feedback from their team to reveal insights, trends, and opportunities to improve retention, culture, and results.

7. Hipchat For Communication

Hipchat is great for small business teams—remote or on location—that need a way to easily communicate throughout the day. It offers private chat group capabilities, file-sharing, video chatting, and more. It’s even accessible from any computer or mobile device.

8. Basecamp for Project Management

Basecamp can significantly reduce the amount of time it takes small business owners and teams to search through email inboxes for threads about ongoing projects. It allows for simple project management and includes the ability for users to upload files, assign to-do’s, communicate with clients, and more.

9. Zendesk For Customer Service

Zendesk is helping make customer service an easier-to-manage priority for small business owners. The online software allows for real-time communication, useful insights, and brand customization.

10. Crashplan For Cloud Back-Up

Small business owners can use Crashplan to conveniently and safely backup files and access them from the cloud using any device.

What other tools do you use at your business? Leave a comment for me below! I'd love to hear from you.