Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2008 2:27 PM by Padmaja

Solution to run business if I move to a different US state?

Padmaja Newbie
      Hi,

Can someone help me in the situation I am stuck right now?

I came to US as a student on F1 status, luckily I was able to open a company in Pennsylvania, which deals with security camera installations for store, as an intern I also got brinks dealership for home security systems.Everything was running fine, but I wasn't able to file my H1 on my company, as it did not meet the requirements.(Certain amount of money the company should make etc.)

Then, I got an offer from a university in NY to work as a professor as I was an MS graduate, they were willing to file my H1. I took it up. Now I also want to work for my company, travellimg everyweekend from PA to NY is very difficult. How can I continue my business in NY. Do I need to get a seperate license? Can I still take care of customers in NY, even though my company operates in PA?

Please help me out.
        • Re: Solution to run business if I move to a different US state?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Welcome to this web site.Do you have a Business name.
          Do you have a Business and Marketing Plan??
          Have you registered with the I R S and obtained a Federal I D Number??
          Do not understand "Everything was running fine, but I wasn't able to file my H1 on my company,
          as it did not meet the requirements"????
          Solution to run business if I move to a different US state?? Hire someone.
          How can I continue my business in NY?? Same answer Hire someone.
          Do I need to get a seperate license?? NO if you already have a Federal I D Number.
          Good luck, LUCKIEST
            • Re: Solution to run business if I move to a different US state?
              Padmaja Newbie
              Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
              I do have a business name.
              I do have a federal ID.
              I have only 2 people working for me, and I do my own sales and marketing.
              My company did not make enough profits so that i can file H1 from my company.
              Can I work for the school as professor and at the same time can I work for my company?
              one of my friends was telling me that PA state has to send me a letter saying that all the taxes in PA have been cleared and thats when I can do sales in NY. Is that so?