Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 6:58 AM by seoservicepro

How Can We Improve This Community?

seoservicepro Ranger

I like the Small Business Community here at the BoA Forum and I'd love to see more people posting here and providing great discussion topics and comments to help each other succeed in business. But right now, it's a little slow when compared to other social networks. A forum is also a social network in case anyone isn't aware of that.

Here are some ways to get more people and your friends over here and help your own business at the same time.

1. Find discussion topics you like. Open it. Post the title to Twitter, LinkedIn,  and FaceBook and tell people they should check it out or ask if they agree with it. Add something to the title that urges people to come see.

2. Ask more questions in the area that allows you to post questions for other members to answer. Open that topic/question you posted and post the title to Twitter, LinkedIn,  and FaceBook.

3. Tell your company story in "stories". Consider that like the "Introduce Yourself Here" thread. Just tell how your company started, why you started it, what your goals are, etc. Make it personal. Story Marketing is huge. Companies like Coca-Cola use it all the time. Then post the title to Twitter, LinkedIn,  and FaceBook.

Did I mention; Post titles to Twitter, LinkedIn,  and FaceBook yet?

We can all benefit by bringing more users here to post more topics, answer more questions and share their stories too. Using social media to bring in more people to be social here as well helps everyone.

• Re: How Can We Improve This Community?
          SBC Team Guide

Hi seoservicepro,

A belated, but big thanks for posting your observations and suggestions!  Great advice!

We would love to see more members asking questions, sharing advice and sharing their stories.  And, sharing on social media is also a big help in driving eyes to the community.

Thanks again for taking the time to create this post!

- The Small Business Community Team

Moderator Cath Guide

Hi seoservicepro,

Often people, well me, will hold off on asking a question because I don't want to sound dumb or have others think I am asking a nutty question.  But sometimes I boldly ask my question and discover that others have been holding off for the same reasons.

Let's remember that no question is too small.  Let's remember that what we want to know, others are wondering too.  Let's remember we are a community, with focus on promoting the small business community.  AND helping others is one way to do that.

Let's continue to ask those questions that seem insignificant and we can all increase our knowledge together.

Cath

cpajoe Scout

I've been here for a while but not an active participant. This week Bank of America announced that it will close its 44,000 member small business community online linkedin group and recommend that its members come here. While that might seem to be a boost to this network if even a small percentage come aboard it remains to be seen how this will work out. Have the moderators been informed of this development, and are there plans in the works to take advantage of this move and if so what steps are in the works?

joe

seoservicepro Ranger

Hey cpajoe. Great question. Seems like a pretty drastic move. They could have promoted this forum there and gotten some of them over here. I'm with you, I hope some members of that group do migrate here, but I'd like to know the plans too.

Scout

HI cpajoe,

Thanks for your feedback. Since this Small Business Community site has an active member base that has grown over the years and includes many of the LinkedIn group members, we wanted to consolidate and focus our efforts to provide a single online destination where small business owners can find valuable information, share their experiences, ask questions and network with peers. Our moderators are aware of the change and are confident that the Small Business Community site can absorb active, transitioning members of the SBC LinkedIn group seamlessly. We are always open to suggestions for improving the value of this site and would welcome any comments and suggestions that you may have.

Thank you.

Alyson Struwe

Moderation Manager

cpajoe Scout

Bank of America is apparently retaining its facebook page with over 1.87 million people who can comment there,too. The bank's google plus page has over 89,000 followers and 9.14 million views where we are limited to liking or sharing the bank's content. And at twitter there are over 327,000 followers who can reply to or retweet the bank's tweets. Any thoughts of merging those sites into this one here to result in that single online destination you have described above as the rationale for removing the linkedin group?

seoservicepro Ranger

Yeah, like to see how that works out for you. I'd have kept both and enticed LinkedIn members to come here as well. How much do you promote this forum on your other social networks to get more people here?