Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2014 1:15 PM by Moderator Berta

sales

wsilvers Newbie

How important is technology in todays businesss world.  I feel sales of our small company would increase with  a web site but my husband doesn't

feel the same way, Just asking for opinions, experience, etc.

• Re: sales
          seoservicepro Ranger

"You can't win if you don't play"

That's a quote from the lotteries of some states. Although I'm not a lottery player, the saying applies to taking your business online. There are millions of purchases being made online every single day. Probably thousands while I write this reply.

If you aren't even there, you can't get your little piece of the pie. I'm not saying having a website is going to make you rich beyond your dreams. I'm not saying it isn't hard work either.

The Pros

1. You have the potential to gain a lot of new customers you would never have reached otherwise, which, if your product or service is good, will lead to more sales.

2. You increase the number of ways your current customers can use to make purchases, give you feedback and learn more about your company. That leads to more loyal customers and more return business.

The Con

1. You have a business to run. if you plan to do online marketing, you either have to have the time to do the marketing yourself or you need to have a monthly budget to pay someone to do it for you.

That's the service I provide because most business owners do not have the time to do their own online marketing and most don't want to learn how. They would rather focus on running their business.

2. Just having some friend build you a website or doing yourself in some cheap way like some sites offer will not get you more sales. You need a professional looking website on your own domain name. That doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars, but it does need to be done professionally and not using a free service or "website builder" tool.

3. You have to set up professional looking social media profiles. You have to post to them on a regular basis and engage with customers. Or you have to hire someone to do that for you.

So, I'm not saying you are right or your husband is right. It depends on your type of business, how much extra time you can commit to it, and whether or not you have a budget for this kind of marketing.

If I knew the exact business you were in, I could give less generic advice. I could give you some specifics. So if you share that, I can tell you more.