Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 1:40 PM by cpalmer2982

Where to start?

cpalmer2982 Wayfarer

I want to open a event hall in the Houston area. My plan is to rent out my event hall to host various events such as babyshowers, engagement parties, conferences, birthday celebrations, retirements, etc. I have already started by business plan. I want to know what else is expected prior to applying for a business loan.  I would like to be prepared prior to applying.

• Re: Where to start?
          Moderator Berta Guide

Welcome to the community, cpalmer2982.

Have you already found the hall or are you planning on building one? Congratulations on having your business plan started already. That's a huge undertaking by itself. Have you thought about how you will market your event hall yet? You'll want to be sure to set monies aside for marketing/advertising.

Does anyone have any other questions or suggestions for cpalmer?

~Berta

• Re: Where to start?
              cpalmer2982 Wayfarer

No I haven't found a hall yet. The thought of building crossed my mind

however it's a little pricey. I have thought about my marketing strategy.

I currently have a small business 'Lil' Tush is Diaper Creations. I used

love using social media. My plan is to invite all the event planners that I

have been associated with to a viewing of the venue.  I would of course

make it an open event. I will advertise with fliers and build a rapport

with business owners in the area. I also plan to generate several contest

where people can win a free rental service with the venue via social media.

On Apr 3, 2014 12:34 PM, "Moderator Berta" <