Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 10:31 AM by seoservicepro

Feedback requested on our new business

athenaanalytics Wayfarer

Hello everyone. We have had our business up and running for almost a year and so far so good. We have received some great feedback and have leveraged Google Survey to conduct some specific market research (highly recommend it), but are now looking to reach out to a broader audience of small business owners and aspiring small business owners to gain a better understanding of un-met needs so that we can improve our product in the future.

On our site, Athena Analytics, you will find a link to take a quick survey. To make it worth your time we are offering a free market analysis report from our website. This is a non-selling no strings attached initiative, we are just trying to get better. Feel free to communicate to any one that may be interested in helping us out.

Thanks,

John

http://www.athenaanalytics.com

• Re: Feedback requested on our new business
          seoservicepro Ranger

It looks like you are providing a great service. In my profession, I can't help but give you some website feedback though.

1. Why no pricing information? That's the number 1 reason people don't make a purchase on a website. if you can't set the price in advance, you can still give a range or some examples.

2. On the free report page, I clicked the Adobe Install icon by mistake instead of the text link you provided. From a design standpoint, you are promoting Adobe better than your own offer. Make a text link to Adobe and an Icon for the free report.

3. In your main navigation at the top of the page, you sent me to another website, the owl thing. A big traffic hole. Would you really prefer to distract me and send me somewhere other than where I can buy what you are selling?

4. Choose the top 1-3 places you want your visitors to go or the action you want them to take and make all roads lead to those. if you want to link to something else, put it in the footer.

Bonus tip; In your text, remove things like our and we and write more about you and your. At the bottom of the front page, you do that well. Don't start with "Our reports". Give ownership to the visitor. They aren't your reports, they belong to your customer. Example; "Your report will be organized by geography"

It's an occupational hazard for me to notice these things at a glance. It's not meant to be criticism. If you were my client, these are some of the things you would hear in the first phone call.

seoservicepro Ranger

By the way, I never saw the link to your survey.

Moderator Jim Ranger

Hi there,

Welcome to our site. Everyone, let's give this new member some help please.

Jim

asadsaffa Adventurer

I think lots of people leave your website after entering, you are not motivating customers to stay on your website like giving them something for free that worth in order to get something.

athenaanalytics Wayfarer

asadsaffa,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our site.  We really appreciate your feedback. You make a good point. There needs to be something that quickly grabs and maintains the interest of the small business owner and/or aspiring entrepreneur. We will look to improve in this area.

Most of our customers find us because they are searching for local market research and our market analysis reports are developed specifically for this niche group. We know first hand that large corporations have the resources available to purchase and analyze large data sets to assist in strategic decision making; however, many small and medium sized businesses do not.

The survey is to help us improve our business research reports and gain a better understanding of un-met needs. For completing a quick survey and helping us out we wanted to provide a free market research report.

Thanks again,

John