Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 9:28 AM by Moderator Melinda

LLC Members (?)

kulvishal1 Wayfarer

Hello Folks:

I have a question about the LLC ownership. Currently we are2 adult partners. One of them wishes to pull out. I do not wish to go through the 'complications' of a single-member LLC.

Is it possible to have a regular LLC with one adult and one minor member? I wish to retain all the status/benefits of a regular 2adult member LLC.

Please advice.

Regards,

V

• Re: LLC Members (?)
          Guide

Hi Kulvishal1 and welcome to the forum. What a great question. Well, it would all depend on what you mean by a minor, what kind of a business you have, which state you are located in, and if the other member is a part of your immediate family. This is definitely a question I would ask your accountant. You don't want to make any mistakes considering how much the laws change everyday. A professional CPA should be able to guide you. The SBA is also a great source to check out.

In the meantime, I know that we have very knowledgeable members who can also give you other forms of guidance on this topic. Kulvishal1, keep us posted.

Melinda

kulvishal1 Wayfarer

hey Melinda:

Sry, I should have provided those details..they seem so obvious now!

The current LLC has my wife and I. By minor I meant my son or daughter. I want to pull out.

The LLC covers real-estate investment and IT consultation Located in Texas

I shall chk out SBA and also talk to my CPA.

Thanks you for your directions.

- Vish

Guide

Another thing to keep in mind, if you have a separate license for say the real-estate investment or the IT consulting, you might want to check that licensing board. I know we have specific rules that we must follow through the Architectural Licensing Board of NJ. That could also make a world of difference for what you can and can't do.