Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 9:45 AM by Moderator Melinda

Startup Funding

lena04 Newbie

I have started a small business with a solid business plan but no money! The business is called DUffy & Associates Advocates Inc. I am an advocate for children with special needs. I've been doing this as a volunteer for five years and decided last summer to start a business and earn an income now that I have a wide range of experience. There is one major thing holding me back. My ex-husband destroyed my credit including having my car repossessed. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get some start up funds? I have a waiting list of clients.

• Re: Startup Funding
          Guide

Welcome to our forum, Lena04 and thank you for introducing yourself to the community. Please peruse our forum and offer us your business opinions so that we may gain direction and guidance from each others experiences. I am sure that many of our community members will appreciate your expertise and value what ever information you can offer us.

Congratulations on your new business adventure! Your financial miss fortune certainly makes things a lot harder, but not impossible. My suggestion first, is to contact your accountant to help you figure out how you can start fixing your credit. In the mean time, write up a great business plan (your accountant can also help you with that). I am posting a link to a wonderful business module that will help you get started. You certainly don't want to approach your accountant empty handed. Building Your Business Plan

You will need this business plan to approach whom ever you decide to procure start up funds for your business.

The next link is a wonderful business module on how and who to approach for procuring start up funds.

How to Raise Capital

Good luck with your business and let us know how you are doing!

Melinda