Great article, cote_bruce! Thanks for sharing.
I would like to thanks about the article because your experience and information is quite relevant for me. Normally I don’t have so much idea about that but after reading your article I came to know that where I should make change to enhance the overall quality of Seminar Presentation.
There are certain essential elements of a seminar presentation to relate with audience and make it a grand hit.
1. Content Organization Tops The List: The sole point of a seminar is to educate people from varying backgrounds and understanding. Therefore, using technical jargon s and complex conventions is the biggest mistake that one must avoid completely. Rather you must lay focus on making your content reader friendly. For this, you can consider the following:
- Topic selection after a careful analysis of the type of audience you are going to address.
- Organization of information in a logical manner so that your every point is clearly visible.
- Research well to get adept with the various details and establish the authenticity of facts and numbers.
2. Appropriate Slide Designing is a Must: Whenever you plan to deliver a PPT seminar, give as much importance to slide designing as you would be giving to your outfit. Since PowerPoint gives you access to myriad of designing options so, make its wise use. On the whole, one can ensure-
- Whether or not the color of text and slide background is in synchronization?
- If you have used the images, graphs and tables at the right place or not?
- You can even check that the text is finely aligned and there is absolutely no mismatch between your idea and its presentation.
3. Presenter Makes The Real Difference: What if your presentation encounters a technical hindrance or you forget a line or two? The best thing that can be done in such a situation is staying calm and confident. And, keep an eye on three things-
- Be prepared to face every difficulty by doing a lot of research and rehearsing well before your presentation.
- Maintain eye contact with your audience be audible and make sure that you have a very pleasing and comfortable body language.
- Add a few funny quotes to lighten up the whole situation or take queries from your listeners in between the time the disruption is corrected.
There is no point of being jittery when delivering a presentation. Rather, take it as a golden opportunity to present your thoughts and give an amazing seminar that becomes an experience to be remembered forever.
This article is originally shared from www.slidehunter.com