Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2013 9:20 AM by Moderator Melinda

Portable Income Ideas

PortableIncome Adventurer

As you know the world is not as safe as it was a number of years ago, and economies are crumbling, people are rioting, but there are greener pastures to move to and both the internet and portable skills and portable occupations makes moving somewhere in the world easier.

I would like to gather as many ideas on this thread as I can about portable income options.

Please give your ideas and explain them.

Thanks,   Andrew

• Re: Portable Income Ideas

I forgot to mention that online income of all sorts counts as portable income also.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Guide

Hi Portableincome,

There are many positions that just require the internet: marketing, on-line sales, web design, web technician, moderation, web hosting, etc......to name a few. The only other thing needed to be completely mobile is language skills. Hence, the saying "As many languages you can speak, that's how many people you are worth".

Then you have the "on wheels" businesses that can be done anywhere there seems to be a need. I have seen vehicles providing services like pet grooming, mobile tool stores, and then of course you have the old fashion meal trucks.

Melinda

1 of 1 people found this helpful

I read a story the other day about a doctor who moved from the United States to another country and is actually living better in that country because the living costs are lower and the insurance is lower because people are not so apt to sue versus the U.S. where people are so lawsuit happy.

So someone having the skills of a physician can have portable income freedom if they choose to.

Portable Income

Guide

But that holds true for almost any position. I know many engineers, architects, even consultants who have done the same. The only thing that each had to worry about (other than the language skills) is the laws of licensing in the chosen country to which they moved. There are many countries that accept an American degree much easier as say a foreign degree being accepted by the US. This is something I truly never understood only because many foreign countries have a stronger education system than the US.