Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2013 11:45 AM by bizbiz

Need help regarding User Interaction

bizbiz Adventurer

Hello Community, Hep!  We recently created a software called Masterplanlife and is a place for people to see and manage their entire life (currently is a goal planning software but the vision is bigger). I wanted to know if anyone has experience in the B2C world  for online software and what it takes for the customer to interact (user interaction). How do you find out what customers want when is a new product? How many users should we have before we start making decision on what to build next? We do think about the users but we want to make sure we build what the customer wants which is challenging when is a new product.

Thank you!

• Re: Need help regarding User Interaction
          YesYouCan Scout

There are many good wigets that will allow you to create a good survey about life goals, but it seems to me the first order of business is to get followers to take the survey.  In order to do that, you will have to make a success of your first site/project  (probably a wise thing to do before moving on anyway).

One way to get followers would be to create a blog about life goals using social media to publicize it.  An example here might be;  HundredGoals.com.  Or, you could try a newsletter linked to a squeeze page  on your site and using Aweber (or simillar email autoresponder service.  An example here might be; gotonow.info/how-to-make-this-year-the-year

Another way to look and see what people are  looking for in that area would be to use the keyword tool in Google AdWords and punch in "life Goals" to see what alternate versions of that keyword phrase people are looking for.

Guide

Hi Bizbiz,

Is this software currently in circulation or are you looking to market it? If you already have a customer base then sending emails to them in survey form could be an option. Does your software include updates? You could also attached a survey type questionnaire to get some information.

Your software sounds interesting. Can you tell us a little bit more about it or do you have an introductory website that we can view?

Melinda

bizbiz Adventurer

Hi Melinda, Thanks for the advice and we do have customers already. If you

could give us your perspective that would be great. The website is

www.masterplanlife.com.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Moderator Melinda <

Guide

Hi Bizbiz,

I actually registered and started your software (the only way to give you feed back). I liked the look of the software. The text was large and the colors added to the aesthetics. It was very easy to navigate.

The first issue I had was at the masterplan set up stage. The categories were to vague. For instance, the money box asked what I plan on doing in a certain amount of time. I have many things that I would like to do with it and not all are in the same allotted time to reach my goal. So I really didn't know what to place in the box. The next step allowed you to get more specific but again, put limitations on what I wanted to enter. I will be very honest....you lost my interest after that. I did not go any further.

Curious to see what other members think. The concept was great but lost interest very quickly.